Pole Dancing - Fitness

Options
Okay, so i was wondering if anyone on her does pole dancing as a class?
I go twice a week. I love it! Its brilliant for strength, tone, ab work, balance to name a few.

Difficult one to file under when adding cardio to the exercise diary... but it is technically dancing right?!

Anyone who is into Pole please do hit me up with a message or add or something and let me know im not the only one out there with a love for pole!

Over & Out

Replies

• gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Actually have done a private dancer class - I knew I was in trouble when they had you put on kneepads. Wow What a class! NICE. It's an overall workout for sure.
  • tiffjeff69
    Options
    Haven't tried it...YET!! But I have some friends who swear by it! It seems like a fun way to exercise!!
  • brooklynjade4
    brooklynjade4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Totally! As if you had to wear knee pads! thats insane! ts hard work on the shoulders and arms!
    Gotta Love it!
  • brooklynjade4
    Options
    Haven't tried it...YET!! But I have some friends who swear by it! It seems like a fun way to exercise!!

Yes! It doesnt feel like exercise! You get your Swag on and have a fab time!
    reccomend you try it out for sure!!!
  • rissasgunnadoit
    Options
    I WISH I COULD, i dont think there is anything like that around here, i tried my hand at being a dancer before, couldnt bring myself to conitnue, but let me tell you when i did try, whew god damn my abs and thighs were on FIRE
  • brooklynjade4
    Options
    I WISH I COULD, i dont think there is anything like that around here, i tried my hand at being a dancer before, couldnt bring myself to conitnue, but let me tell you when i did try, whew god damn my abs and thighs were on FIRE

I dont know what country your in (im in england) theres quite a lot of places that do it i think! very popular!
    YES, Feel the burn but... doesnt it feel awesome too? :)
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    I really want to try this but I'm in college and don't have the time for it right now and I also wouldn't know where to look lol
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I've done one class before, and it was INTENSE! Amazing workout. The thing stopping me was cost (super expensive) & location of the studio.
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    would love to find a pole dancing class. Where would I look?
  • blondeboms
    blondeboms Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had a pole dancing party where the girl came to the house and taught us for a couple of hours. It was hardwork, really intense but a great workout.
  • brooklynjade4
    Options
    would love to find a pole dancing class. Where would I look?

Are you in the UK? Have yoou tried local gyms or just generally googling it?
  • brooklynjade4
    Options
    I've done one class before, and it was INTENSE! Amazing workout. The thing stopping me was cost (super expensive) & location of the studio.
    Yup, its deffo pricey, but i love it too much to give it up! haha
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If you're in Maryland, we have a place called Xpose Fitness that's pole dancing & floor/chair classes! It's pretty affordable as well!
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a class once a week and I LOVE it! Small class, but there's only one pole and the room is used most every other time, so I actually just ordered myself one so I can practice at home :)

I want to get really good-- my instructor is SO ripped and she says it's all from pole, she doesn't lift or do any other strength training.

Can't wait for my pole to get here. It was expensive, but I figure it's an investment and I am determined to make good use of it. Feel free to add me, fellow pole girls!
  • kellyo15
    kellyo15 Posts: 51
    Options
    I do pole dancing!! I love it :) Just started level 2 last week, it's a great way to incorporate fun, original workouts. I think there's actually a cardio option for it on here, but it's very likely a rough estimate (better than nothing?). It's also a great way to build self-confidence and just feel good about yourself, even when you're as awkward as I usually am :P
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I did it a couple of years ago and LOVED it! Alas I don't have £40 a month spare to carry on :frown:

GREAT workout though, could never get the hang of climbing...

Gave the man a shock though when I found that he had a home gym and as the room was converted from an out building it has a pole for structural support... just happens to be the right size hehe!:laugh: Alas said home is at the other end of the country! :grumble:
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I went to my first pole dancing class on Friday. I LOVED IT! My arms still ache. It was fun and a great workout. I can't wait to go again.
  • brooklynjade4
    Options
    Well I am glad to see the great amount of positive feedback from you gals!
    - advice to anyone wanting to try it - do, its amazing and a fab workout :) Woo got pole tonight! =D
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    I LOVE pole, it's the best fun ever. Have installed a 50mm x-pole sport in my study while I get used to inverting. Next birthday I've asked the Mr for an upgrade to an x-pert 50mm. AS a fitness instructor it's one of the best upper body strength exercises there is. Looking at starting to teach it in about a year's time.

As for knee pads - you bet ya! I've had a perpetual bruise on my left knee for the last four weeks so have invested in dancer bads so I can still climb etc, but I just want the bruise to disappear now ;)

Favourite spin - the Kamikazie! I love it. I have have my first performance in May at a charity event being run by my pole school - I'm still learning so it's going to be a bit ummm interesting ;)

For those in the UK, the Pole Dance Community website has PDC aproved teachers http://poledancecommunity.co.uk/ and I believe they have a USA site too

Yay for more Pole enthusiasts :D x
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have my first class this Friday night. Am super nervous. I still have 7 kgs to go, and then I'll still only be 70 kgs.

What if that's too heavy to hold myself up?