Any hockey players out there?

Options
I started playing hockey again after 14 years. It was discouraging to get on the ice for the first time still remembering how I used to play and how much endurance I used to have. But now I'm playing 3 times a week and joined a league. I'm feeling great and losing weight! How about you?

Replies

• sn0wd0gg
    sn0wd0gg Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's great you decided to jump back into it. I'm betting you'll be playing like you used to (or close to it) not long after you've been at it.

I never played growing up (grew up in the Atlanta, GA area so hockey was pretty limited back in the day) but got started about 5 or 6 years ago in my early 50s. I'm not great, but I enjoy it and the exercise is awesome as is the social aspect. I have lots of friends from the hockey leagues I've been involved with.

By the way, there is a group on here called Hockey*town you might want to check out as well.
  • enaves1986
    enaves1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I play ice hockey in Houston, TX. It can be tough comming back from 14 years. I had to take several months off after I had my thyroid removed. You'll be back to playing like you were eventually.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I started playing my junior year of high school...I wasn't that good, but one of my goals is to actually start playing again :)
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I played for about twenty years. I haven't played in a year though. I'm missing it and wanting to lace them back up soon. Its a great, easy, workout.
  • meglep
    meglep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    been playing for 15 years!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I wish!