What to do with Fish?

Options
goodfido
goodfido Posts: 127 Member
Looking for some suggestions on flavors or seasonings that others use on fish.

Thanks

Replies

• geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Marinade and then grill: (especially good for salmon)
    1 T Sesame oil (I use a bit less)
    1/4 C soy sauce
    1/4 C lime juice
    1/8 C mirin (or white vermouth, or cheap wine)
    2 T minced garlic
    1T powdered ginger (or minced fresh)
    1/8 t Hot pepper flakes (the kind you put on pizza)(no it won't be too hot) Soak overnight in a plastic bag,, but two hours will do. I freeze the marinade and use it a second time.

You can use a grill pan for stove top cooking
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I recenly found flounder filets at Sams. I love flounder. I just fixed this for lunch and it was great. I cooked a can of Bumble Bee white crab meat with onion and green onion in a frying pan sprayed with Pam, mixed in a couple of tablespoons of homemade wheat bread crumbs right at the end and a tiny little bit of season all. I layed the flounder filets (4) out in a pan on alluminum foil, seasoned with season all and topped with the crab stuffing mixture. I put a sprinkle of bread crumbs on top and a few tiny dabs of diet margarine on top (2 teaspoons for 4 filets). Bake for about 15 minutes. That makes two servings, 2 filets each serving for about 251 calories per serving. Yummy!!!
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Ok, I have another fish recipe. Seems like I have been cooking a lot of fish lately!

2 - 4oz Talapia filets
    1- can diced tomatoes (15 oz) no salt added
    1 - can tomato sause (8 oz) no salt added
    1/2 cup onions
    2 lemon slices

Saute the onion in pan sprayed with Pam (Canola Oil) unitl lightly browned and soft. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and lemon slices. Season sauce to taste. I put season all, garlic powder, cayene peper, 1 teaspoon of sugar, onion powder. Cook the sauce for about 15 minutes. Add the fish at the end and let it cook in the sauce without stirring. It will only take about 5-10 minutes. Makes two servings and each is about 250 calories. Serve over rice (1/2 cup = 103 calories) In South Louisiana we call this a sauce picant.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I just made this tonight:

Tilapia filets
    1/2 cup Parmesan
    Italian seasoning
    Pepper
    1/4 cup Egg Whites

Mix Parmesan, seasoning and pepper in one bowl.

In another bowl, put the egg whites.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with no-stick spray (Pam).

Dip the tilapia fillets in the egg whites and then the Parmesan mix. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes.

Delicious! Yum!

Enjoy!!!
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just bake and top with something acidic (lemon or tomato or salsa...).
  • rlpalomino
    Options
    I just made grilled fish tacos. I used blue corn/flaxseed tortillas, and used a relish: black beans/corn/tomatoes (use what you like). These are so good and easy to make.
  • ibrake4java
    ibrake4java Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I usually get the frozen fillets from Costco (either Ahi Tuna or Tilapia), season it with salt & fresh ground pepper. Then, sear it on the stove top in an oven proof skillet, using canola oil, for about a minute per side. Then pop it all in a heated oven (400 degrees F) for a few minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I made some haddock the other night and zested some lemon and put pepper on it and some spray butter with a little bit of white cooking wine or if you have just white wine and a little bit of onion powder on it and then i sliced the lemon and after I flipped it over to finish baking I put the lemon slices over it It was really good
  • Denjo060
    Options
    or you can flavor it with old bay seasoning and some butter spray:drinker:
  • rainybelle
    Options
    How many calories is this?
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I usually just bake with a little olive oil and seasonings but would love to see what others use. My husband and son have been bringing home a lot of fish from ice fishing. Nothing better than fresh fish!!
  • rainybelle
    Options
    I have a great Catfish Amandine Recipe. I love it.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Bake with sesame oil, soy sauce, green onion, ginger, garlic, cilantro, onion.
    Oh my mouth started salivating just thinking about it!
  • Denjo060
    Options
    How many calories is this?

rainybelle If you are talking about my recipe it is 177 calories for 4 oz
  • mrbluesky1939
    mrbluesky1939 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very simple. Sprinkle any filet with lemon pepper or garlic pepper or both.