Mentstrual Cycle and Weight Gain

Options

Replies

• saralhm
    saralhm Posts: 26
    Options
    i got 3 pounds from it all time,all i do is not weigh myself that week and job done, the difficult bit is staying away from chocolate :)
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I gain 5-8 lbs. It does drop off a few days after I stop. Just life! :)
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've only started checking my weight since I started here so I don't know my own fluctuations, but I wonder does the pill's hormones contribute at all. I know the general consensus is that it doesn't have the big effect that people thought, but the effect of oestrogen is to collect some weight...

Oh I don't know, I'm contradicting myself! But it's amazing the differences between one day and another and the effects on your weight
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    yep you gain up to 10lbs due to water retention.
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    Drink extra water! That will help flush out the extra water weight...I know that sounds weird, but it will!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I gain 10lbs...you'll be fine. I weigh myself once a month, 4 days after my period so my body has time to go back to normal.
  • lpgear
    lpgear Posts: 1
    Options
    have u had problems not getting yours after working out and losing weight cause i havnt been getting mine in a long time and ive been losing and gaining weight
  • aimeef12
    aimeef12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Glad to no I'm not the only one struggling with pms cravings I'm dieing right now and trying not to cheat!!!! Lol
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing it... ALWAYS! :laugh:

A few days before my period, I began bloating like a balloon! No matter what I eat! My jeans becomes tight...
    I try drinking more water, but it then I spend more of my night time in the wc not in my bed!:laugh: :laugh:
    I weigh my self when my period ends.

I gain about 4-5 pounds.
  • Sanduni
    Sanduni Posts: 53
    Options
    oh gawd i have the same problem! i worry a lot coz my tummy swells a lot and im thinking hangon how can this be possible! *scratching my head* so now i just eat normally and wait till it passes lol
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I just got off mine two weeks ago and now have started again. Also have ballooned up like 4 lbs not too happy!
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I can gain up to 7lbs during that time. :( I sometimes give into my cravings and binge on some bad food and I still manage to lose maintain at the end of my cycle and I lose it all again. I have lost 68lbs so it must not be hurting me to do it :)
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    NO SCALE DURING MENTSTRUAL! It will make you A lot happier trust me!
  • All_Mimsy
    All_Mimsy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I always weigh more during my period. I just ignore what the scale says that week, because the next week I see a drop of several pounds. Nothing to worry about. :)
  • All_Mimsy
    All_Mimsy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Also, remember that if you've been remaining within your calorie limits most of the time, there's no way that that's real weight gain. It's just fluids.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I weigh more during that part of my cycle too, but it isn't actually a 'weight gain' any more than other random fluctuations are, so I ignore it.
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    You tend to burn the most calories the FIRST week of your cycle - which would be when you get your period. Thus, finally making some sense of why you're hungrier that first week......... The week after my period I experience the biggest loss - mostly because that first week is nothing more water weight and the dreaded bloat.

Don't get frustrated - and don't weigh yourself anymore until at least three days after your friend moves on............
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    Options
    Gained like 4IB could easily take a hammer to the scales trust me!!! I knw it's TOTM any day had cramping since Sunday sooo frustrating especially if your addicted to frequent weighing just wish it would hurry up n do one
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Taking dandelion root is brilliant for reducing water retention :-)
  • Charlene_91
    Charlene_91 Posts: 323
    Options
    Oh yes.... I usually put on around 3lbs and cravings oh boy all i want to eat is the junk your not suppose to eat!
    But it comes off just as quick as it went on by the time its finished.