Getting Started

Options
I signed on to this site a couple of months ago and for a few days I did okay and lost 4pounds but I am a person who eats when I am bored or depressed so now I have gained them back. I am only 8 pounds away from being 300 pounds and I need to do something. This morning I took my blinders off and really looked at myself and I did not like what I saw. It is pretty bad when you are making love to your husband and catch a glimpse of yourself and turn yourself off; completely.:embarassed: I plan to start my lifestyle change tomorrow morning and begin my diet. I need all the support I can get, so feel free to help encourage me. I have tried so many times no one in my family believes in me anymore so I am a loner on this journey but this time I plan to succeed.

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be a loner here. Lots of encouragement on this site. Don't look at as a diet. Diets you start and then stop. This is a different way of looking at food. The food diary really opened my eyes to all the mindless eating I was doing. Be determined to succeed.You can this. Look around the site, lots of people are succeeding. You can add me as a firend if you want. I will encourage you and want to see you be a success story. Tomorrow well be a new chapter in your life, a chapter of success.
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Take control and create a new lifestyle. You can do it!
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    Options
    Good luck on your journey feel free to add me x
  • thunzme
    thunzme Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't be discouraged rather be inspired that u r willing to make necessary changes in your life. It is not easy but I always say that anything worth while is not easy. The challenge is what helps the success feel that much greater. I have always started "diets" and failed but this time around I realized I need to change my lifestyle n thats when I started seeing lasting changes in myself. I restarted my journey at Thanksgiving and sense then have lost 15 pounds. You can do it if you believe in yourself n take it one day at a time n one choice at a time.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    You can do it! I had the same thing happen, and it was time to stop making excuses and just do it. I'm going to add you, because together, we can stay strong, stay determined, and celebrate our success instead of focusing on the guilt!
  • barbieandken
    barbieandken Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I turned 60 recently...yo yo dieted all my life.....I would love to look better but I guess health is a bigger concern now. I need to loose at least 20 pounds and need all the encouragement I can get..
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    welcome aboard!!! we can do this!!!!!!
  • lashayinc
    lashayinc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The time is right for you. Would love to provide support for you, so add me if you like.
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    This site has helped me in short time that I have been using it. I lost 11 lbs so far. Its also making me look at the types of food that I eat and trying to brain storms ideas on how to get around it. I work about 40 hours outside of the home so quite a few of my meals I take away from home. I am trying really hard not to do fast food but notice that the pre packaged foods are loaded in sodium. I haven't figure out the best way around that problem but the fact that its making me aware of it is great.

Feel free to add me.