Help needed with Wii games please!

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
I've got wii fit plus but like today went on and only burned 128 cals in 30mins and trying to do 500 in an hour to get my pound a week loss.

which games/exercises do you combine to get the highest calorie burn in the shortest time?

Also which other games have calorie counts and can get the highest burn in an hour? I have the wii sports one and sports resort but they don't give calorie burn so consider it a waste of time playing them if I don't know how many calories I have burned.

I'm quite good at boxing and boxercise type games (as long as they only track arm movements) but they don't all give a calorie count?

oh.. lastly.. I've also got Exerbeat.. now I got nearly all of them unlocked but some have stayed grayed out, I've played all the ones that said 'New' on them as they have been unlocked but this hasn't unlocked the last remaining few?

Do I have to get gold medals on ALL games to unlock the last games? Some games I didn't get medals for and some only bronze and silver, but thought I just had to play them once to unlock others. Any got Exerbeat and unlocked everything?

Thanks

Leigh :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Hi

I used to use EA sports active and Gold's Gym (a boxing one). It's been a while so I don't know re the calories but it use to motivate me into getting started in my fitness before joining a gym.
  • shakybabe
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for answering. I have EA active but had problems (didn't relaise at the time it was my old wii not working!).. I'll have to get back to it now I've got a new Wii and board! what's the 30 day challenge like?

I don't think we get the Gold's Gym game in UK, I looked for it before at GAME and was told it was a US title. Is that a boxing one?

Thanks
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Do you have the WiiFit Plus game? I use that one and it has a step up game, where you just go and different speeds and step up and down off the board, I find that it burns a good amount of calories but not a great amount but it's one of the one's that burns the most. Golfing is also a good calorie burner and it's good for your arms on there.
  • shakybabe
    Options
    is the golfing one the driving range game on wii fit plus section of games or do you mean the golf on Wii Sports?
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    I really got into EA with the 30 day challenge. I got a bit sick of the numb chuck in the leg strap after a while and think it's a good idea to change to a proper resistance cord but you could give it a go and see what you think.

I think the gold gym's title might have a different name in certain countries - something like my fitness coach cardio I think.
  • shakybabe
    Options
    ok thanks.. I'm doing just dance 3 and walk to the beat for 7 days as I've set myself a 7day challenge which is part of a 30 day challenge.. lol! .. when I've played them for 7 days I'll pick another 2 games to do for a week to see how I can progress if I do it daily for a week... then do same for last two weeks of March.

Hopefully I will manage 30 consecutive days which I've never done before and lose some more inches from my middle!! :embarassed: :happy:
  • heggleston921
    heggleston921 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can still do Wii Sports. The calorie burn rates are available for some of them on the mpf exercise database. I have found that Wii tennis burns quite a bit, especially if you play as though you're on a real tennis court. Wii Fit Plus has a few games/activities that burn fairly well. Hula Hoops, Basic Step, Advanced Step, Free Step, and the running or walking ones are pretty good. I haven't done a lot of the yoga or strength training ones yet, but they seem promising.