A close call with Mac and Cheese!!!

Options
maggiemay365
maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
My lovely husband, to whom is naturally a skinny minnie, and lives off of carbs, requested I make homemade Mac and Cheese for dinner last night. I was doing fine, did the prep, popped it into the oven..no worries..and then when it came for dinner..I took it out of the oven..all bubbly and golden brown..and I swear it was calling my name..and no one was around..and I grabbed a spoon..whats a taste right...
I didn't do it! WooHoo
Fed my husband and son, paced up that mac and went to bed early..tonight leftovers..mac and cheese is a different beast after it has an overnight in the fridge!
No thanks!!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
MaggieMay:happy:

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Way to resist! Mac & Cheese is a toughie!!!
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! what is with our "loved ones" who sabatoge our journeys. Good job!
    :bigsmile:
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's a hard one...
  • ccjforreal
    ccjforreal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great Job, Temptation is the worst!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Next time, make the same exact thing but for yourself use mung bean sprouts in place of noodles.

Not even kidding.
  • nancyko
    nancyko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am very proud of you for resisting that mac & cheese which is very hard for me!! Leftovers wouldn't bother me because I can eat it straight out of the fridge. Again, very proud of you!!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to ruin your success, and glad you feel happy about having the strength to turn something down. that's awesome. truly. but ... what's so bad about mac n cheese?
  • maggiemay365
    Options
    My husband can eat and eat and eat and not gain a pound. I guess the whole mac and cheese thing for some of us is a "button pusher" and a gateway to really go crazy. If you can eat a 1/4 cup, that great..I just know that I cannot.:wink:
  • CindyBretta
    Options
    I eat mac and cheese. Unless you can't stop once you start eating it, I don't see anything wrong with enjoying it on occasion.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    My husband can eat and eat and eat and not gain a pound. I guess the whole mac and cheese thing for some of us is a "button pusher" and a gateway to really go crazy. If you can eat a 1/4 cup, that great..I just know that I cannot.:wink:

then kudos to ya. like I said, didn't mean to rain on anything. just was curious. because while I don't eat it often, I'll have mac n cheese, probably. just had pizza tonight. :)
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with it? 400 calories for a 1 cup serving of Mac and Cheese? :noway:

I noticed that the last time it was prepared in my home. I will never eat it again. There are plenty of other options I'd rather have than Mac-N-Cheese. :wink:
  • maggiemay365
    Options
    Believe me I cannot tell you how many times I have had cold mac and cheese..I am not a food snob I love it all..hot or cold!:laugh:
  • kemccarty
    kemccarty Posts: 33
    Options
    Way to go! I am with you on this one, I know that two bites would turn into two cups. Mac and cheese is just so tempting. ;-)

Keep up the great work!
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I made a "healthy" mac n cheese for our family, with half a butternut squash and a whole head of cauliflower. It was a huge success and super yummy. I couldn't say no to it!! :)
  • Reyni
    Reyni Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Now I feel bad, because my mother in law cooked some for us for tomorrow after church. since is my only cheat day I will be having some I loveeeeee her Mac and cheese and boy she makes it too cheesy but oh well thank God I do have portion control other wise I would be in trouble. You did great!!!
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I made a "healthy" mac n cheese for our family, with half a butternut squash and a whole head of cauliflower. It was a huge success and super yummy. I couldn't say no to it!! :)

I would love this recipe. Please. :-)
  • UltraRoyal
    Options
    My lovely husband, to whom is naturally a skinny minnie, and lives off of carbs, requested I make homemade Mac and Cheese for dinner last night. I was doing fine, did the prep, popped it into the oven..no worries..and then when it came for dinner..I took it out of the oven..all bubbly and golden brown..and I swear it was calling my name..and no one was around..and I grabbed a spoon..whats a taste right...
    I didn't do it! WooHoo
    Fed my husband and son, paced up that mac and went to bed early..tonight leftovers..mac and cheese is a different beast after it has an overnight in the fridge!
    No thanks!!
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
    MaggieMay:happy:

This is the hardest thing everrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! ughhhhh good for you! Thats some will power, cuz Ive given in about 30% of the time, still going tho.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't see mac n cheese as truly horrible. Had some last weekend. Measured out 1 cup and filled the rest of my plate with veggies. About 2 1/2 cups of fresh salad with very little dressing. Portion control and accepting I can enjoy something high calorie in moderation.
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ok i'm from the UK..... whats mac n cheese??
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    mmmm mac and cheese....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!