Just Joined and also considering starting 17 day diet.

Hi
I am looking for friends on this site. I have just come across the site and decided to join in the hope it will keep me motivated and on track. I have decided to stop going to my local slimming club as it isn't inspiring me anymore and there really isn't any focus on excercise. Also I have been reading up on the 17 day diet and considering starting this tomorrow, any advice on how easy the diet is to stick to and any meal ideas etc. would be really appreciated :wink:

Replies

• cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi, I'm exactly the same - I wasn't losing weight so decided slimming club probably wasn't for me. This week I have lost 4lb - but I have to counter that against the fact my last logged weight was from a fully dressed evening weigh in and I am now doing a saturday morning naked weigh in so probably lost 2lb overall - which I can live with for my first week of doing this and trying to rethink all my eating because I have discovered I have a gluten intolerence. I have added you as a friend - good luck with your plan :-)
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Hi, and welcome. I don't know what the "17 day diet" is, but I hope it is not some quick fix offering you the moon. This word diet is not in my vocabulary anymore. Words that go with diet are - restricting, pressure, guilt, unrealistic, frustration, failure. None of these things should exist in a balanced, healthy eating plan. Measure, move, eat and drink water! The tools on this site allow you to track your intake, whatever it may be, and help you make some better choices. Good Luck!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Just a thought...look at the word "DIET". What are the first 3 letters of that word? Answer: "DIE"
    This site is not about "DIETS"....it's all about NUTRITION...EXERCISE..and SUPPORT!
    Don't do the DIE-plan. 17 days of hell, sounds like!
    Here...eat what you want, when you want. (within reason)
    Keep track of what you eat & drink...and exercise to "burn & earn".
    Stay within your calorie goals...and you'll do just fine!
    I don't do DIETS anymore............I want to LIVE....not DIE!!!!
  • KatieBa82
    KatieBa82 Posts: 13 Member
    I really wish people would look into things before they comment. My teenage daughter and I are currently on day 3 of the 17 day diet. There are 3 cycles that each last 17 days. You slowly add things back each cycle. When you get to the 4th cycle it is the eating healthy for the rest of your life cycle. This "diet" does teach healthy eating that you can do for forever and it is not based on depriving yourself for the rest of your life.

To the OP, we have been shocked at how good the recipes are in this book! It has encouraged us to try veggies that we have never tried and thought we didn't like. I am not a fish eater, but I had some salmon and LOVED it! The chicken soup recipe is so yummy! Don't be turned off by the word "diet". It is what you make it. If you choose to try it then make it your own and use it as a chance to learn new habits.

We are on day 3 and have both lost a lb a day!
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    17Dd is not a diet - it is a healthy way of eating. It has taught me so much and I have been very successful on it.
  • jarp68
    jarp68 Posts: 15
    Hiya, thanks for your advice on the 17DD, I've downloaded the 17DD onto my kindle have read right through it and fully understand the detox process and intoduction of healthy carbs by cycling. I finished day 1 yesterday and wasnt hungry at all and also didnt get that stuffed bloated feeling you get with empty carbs. The diet excites me. I feel you cant go wrong with this, your not hungry and it enables you to understand how your body processes and responds to healthy eating (the science behind it) Im really excited about this and feel more people should know about it as I only stumbeld across it by chance on the net a couple of days ago.:)
  • I dunno what the 17 day diet is but I personally have given up on diets all together- I understand doing them for cleansing purposes and what not, but as far as doing them just to lose a few pounds is purposeless- I have always failed on them because they are pretty much impossible to do making me feel like a failure every time I quit one ya know :/ If u just watch what u eat by counting ur calories, exercising and drinking lots of water- you'll do great, Good Luck to u friend :)
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,490 Member
    If anyone reading would like this diet. I have it in PDF, EPUB, LIT, MOBI formats.

Just add me then message me with your email address.#

Format sizes are:

PDF 1.7MB
    EPUB 221KB
    LIT 251 KB
    MOBI 393 KB
  • jendykstra67
    jendykstra67 Posts: 252 Member
    I'm just finishing my second day of the 17-day diet. I agree that it is NOT your typical diet, but more of a lifestyle change. A year or so ago, I lost 21 pounds using mfp. Now I want to continue losing, so I'm starting over, and supplementing mfp with the 17 day diet plan. I don't see any reason why the two plans can't work together. I'm in the first cycle of the "diet" and I'm impressed with how much food I can eat, while still staying within my mfp calories. Exercise is also encouraged with the 17 day program.
  • I dont want to do it alone <3