need to lose 225lbs!!!

Options
Hi, I have been on MFP before, and sadly I let life get in the way, now I'm back and ready to start anew. To tell you a little about myself, I am 31, and weigh over 400lbs!!!! I need "friends" that will help encourage me! People that KNOW what its like to be VERY over weight I need friends that need as much help as I do, so that we can work together and create a new life for ourselves, if this sounds like you, hit me up, I want to encourage you as well!!!

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back. I just started on here last month. I would like to be your friend and we can encourage each other.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Check out our 300+ group for a bunch of amazing similar weight friends!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1140-300
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome. You will find we are all supportive here. Well most of us :) if at any time you need to talk, some extra support or just someone to kick your *kitten* to keep going THIS is the place to be. If it was not for here I would have given up many many times. We are here for you as much as you want, always.

I was never very overweight but obese for my height. I only have about 50ls to lose in total, but to me that's a massive amount that has been on my body for 20 years now. I'm halfway there & thanking MFP all the way for it. Because of here I eat right, I exercise more.... only because I see what my friends on here are doing & the competition part of me wants to beat that. That's not a bad thing at all. Add me as a friend if you want :)
  • nenar77
    nenar77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to friend me. I really like this site. There is so much diversity on this site. I love how respectful everyone is. We all have a united goal for health and happiness. On this site the skinny and the large are friends. You don't see acceptance like this in public. I am having so many struggles, but the difference this time is I don't quit. I deserve an amazing time in life and so do you!
  • Moonladee
    Moonladee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Me too hun, I Started at 412 on Dec 28th 2011.. I have been on a plan with Doctors and whatnot, since Jan 3, 12... I have only started on here for about 20 days... I know it is a big number.. BUT we can do it!! invite going out..
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    you can do it
  • ozzcrow
    ozzcrow Posts: 7
    Options
    Just stick with it, we all gotta start somwhere!!
  • Wendysshrinking
    Options
    :happy: I joined today but also need support and encouragement. I need to loose 106lbs I want to loose 40lbs by June hoping Im not setting myself up for failure.... Friend me we can encourage each other :glasses:
  • auntiekei
    auntiekei Posts: 14
    Options
    hi welcome back
    I joined this web site in January and have not looked back
    I usually exercise twice a day aerobics in the morning and i go to
    after work on nights that I work . Today i ate differently than I have been eating. I ate chinese for dinner. I am so sorry that i did
    I hurt my back at work on thursday so havent been exercising boy do i feel terrible not doing it.
    I have lost 15 lbs since the 29th of january.
    take your time you dont want to lose to fast......
  • kampshriver
    Options
    Welcome back.
  • FitnessKing8
    FitnessKing8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck but take it slow because if you over do it that can cause many promblems. I knew a person who was overweight and went to fast and had a stroke. Go slow and inprove gradually
  • C_AllDay
    C_AllDay Posts: 1
    Options
    Your are really singing my heart song. I definitely know where you are coming from. I'm 31 as well. My starting weight was 435. I am down to 391 in about 2 months time. I would like to encourage you not to give up and keep going. The journey is hard and long and you can easily get discouraged by looking at 225lbs to go. I have set small goals for myself. I try for so many pounds by this date, because I don't want get overwhelmed and I'm not looking for a quick fix, as it didn't take me 6 months or a year to get in this condition. Be patient with yourself and learn to love yourself at whatever weight your at. For me, it's helped a lot mentally to start loving me enough to get healthy. I understand the need for a little motivation and someone to hold you accountable at times. This my point for joining MyFitnessPal. If you would like to, we should friend each other and continue this journey together.