When I'm happy I'm fat....

Options
I'm 25 and about a year ago my whole life changed. I got engaged, moved in with my fiancé and I gained over 35lbs. I guess you could say I got comfortable but when I stepped on the scale I got a HUGE reality check. I have never been this heavy in my entire life and I decided enough is enough. I will be doing a lot of fruits, veggies and chicken...along with a lot of cardio. I am looking for friends and support and hopefully some helpful ideas. :)

Replies

• LenaCali
    LenaCali Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Kristeng1286 - I've just joined MFP as well and am looking for support. Look for my friend request :smile:
  • Kristeng1286
    Options
    Great! Thanks for the request :)
  • bwils11
    bwils11 Posts: 2
    Options
    The same thing happened to me, I've never been this heavy and when I got engaged I started packing on the pounds, fast food was my kitchen basically, then when we got married I started cooking more, but being from a big family I made more then two people should eat. We were both putting on weight but its good becu u have a built in support system! Good luck on ur journey!
  • Kristeng1286
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you too!
  • Perry62
    Perry62 Posts: 6
    Options
    THEN IT'S NO!! TO REPLY, I THOUGHT THIS CITED WAS FOR ENCOURAGEMENT!!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Before I was married, I was a thin, super-fit, gym rat. Then I got married. I starting cooking delectable dinners and big weekend breakfasts for my husband, and found I was eating as much as he was. Over the very happy fifteen years of our marriage, I slowly gained weight - about three or four pounds a year. One day, I woke up and though 'Huh... I'm 50 pounds heavier! How did that happen?' LOL

I finally got things back in check. But I definitely agree 'Fat and Happy' is a real thing. Good luck!
  • Kristeng1286
    Options
    Thank you! I see you reached your goal weight...Congrats! :)
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me :)
  • Kristin2984
    Options
    I went thought something similar. Holy reality check, I can't eat the same amount as my live in boyfriend and fit in my jeans! You 'get it' and I think that's half the battle. Good luck to you and stay happy!
  • Kristin2984
    Options
    Oh and helpful ideas... My bf is a big snacker, especially late at night. He loves nuts which are healthy in small doses but pretty high in calories. I try to keep healthy snacks on hand for these times. Cut up, homemade fruit salad, cut broccoli and cauliflower, celery. Having some low cal snacks that are easy to grab helps me from pigging out on nuts or chips like he does.
    Also watch the booze. I started drinking regular beer like he does and it is not good for the figure. Some are 200+ calories. Light beer or wine or nothing for me.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Hello! I am new here too. Well, I am going on my 3rd week. Feel free to add me. :)