Anyone Have Success with Proactive Acne Cream?

Options
I've been breaking out a lot lately. I thought it may be my diet (the reason why I joined MFP in the first place).

I've been thinking of trying Proactiv but before spending the money I wanted to know if any of you had any success/ failure with it?

Thanks!

Replies

• vschwoob
    vschwoob Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have used it with minimal Results. I had MUCH better results with acne.org products give it a try.
  • Chelseaalsup
    Options
    I use Eminence products.. I use probiotic moisturizer. it has really helped!
  • vschwoob
    vschwoob Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 20 and uses the acne.org products too.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I did years ago and loved it, though I didn't try anything else since I was happy with the results.
  • kid320
    kid320 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A family member of mine sells the stuff and says that it does work really well, but most of her inquiries are from people with some money. She knows the stuff is overpriced and has a hard time convincing people who don't have a lot of disposable income to buy her product.

My dermatologist recommended PanOxyl cream. Granted, I don't have horrible acne on my face, but it has cleared up the acne on by shoulders and back considerably. Just be careful - apparently it can bleach your hair, although it has never happened to me.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yeahh, except it's not just proactiv. More a combo of Proactiv cleanser (don't use the other products), castor oil at night, and Lymphatox vitamins
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I use baking soda. Works great for me.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    when i use it i have great results, i used it regularly for almost a year
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I use Panoxyl also, and it helps a lot with breakouts. I would just go to a Dermatologist and get the good stuff for your face. I used Proactive before in college,and it somewhat works. However, I felt like it just dried out my face.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yep. Lots of success. It took a while for my skin to get used to it (it dried me out a lot) but after that, my skin looked amazing.
    I used the regular cleaner + regular toner + medicated lotion stuff + oil free lotion. If anybody asks me, I tell them hell yeah, this stuff works. I have oily skin.
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have never had a big acne problem but still use the cream. I find that it works really well to make my skin more even and gets rid of "bumps".
  • ginamaria724
    Options
    When I use to have really bad acne I wanted to try it, but my mom told me all it does is just dry out your skin and make the acne worse. So I started using a product called Noxzema, and it works so well on me. I've been using it for about 6 years now, I love it :) It makes my skin so soft and clean.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It didn't work for me. Clinique is what works for me.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    eeeek, just a warning... Proactive is a bleach so will bleach everything it comes in contact with.

I did not have success but that is more cos the only thing i have had success with is roaccutane combined with the pill... roaccutane literally took out all the oil in my skin.... my skin would become so dry from it it would start bleeding... but in the end it was worth it i actually had THE worst acne... you can get only get roaccutane from a dermatologist and is actually the worst tablet you can get (in saying that i mean will work for peoples skin no matter how bad it is) but in saying that... my skin was the worst, first time i went to the DOCTOR they asked me if i had chicken pox :/

so in saying that, it will work for some, not for others' depends on the severity.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Was going to start it but then my doctor put me on birth control lol
    I still have wicked break outs sometimes (mostly when I ate crap) but I use Clean&Clear facial cleanser that dries my skin out enough. All of my friends and family have tried it and it dries them out so much they feel like they'll bleed lol.

Msg me if you want the name and I'll let you know.

But once your diet improves your face should too, sometimes it's genetic though :(
  • Bpothik13
    Bpothik13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I thought it was dreadful stuff that didnt work and bleached out the collars on some of my shirts. :(

I use "Angels on Bare Skin" soap from LUSH....is expensive, but gentle on my face.
  • peacheshka
    peacheshka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Velocity from Mary Kay great product
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i think it depends on your skin sensitivity. i used the face wash a few years ago and remember that all it did was make my face itch horribly and then break out into an awful rash. which looked really great on top of the pimples! :P i do know that other people say it gets worse before it gets better, but for me that burning sensation was alarming/painful/not worth sticking it out to see if my skin would adjust.

i use tea tree oil, which is milder than benzoyl peroxide (the active ingredient in proactiv and a lot of anti-acne washes/creams).
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    When I was a pre teen I had a really bad problem with acne I eat natures cure tablets, they worked so well I didn't have bad acne at all as a teen
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I was interested in it, but I had a few friends tell me that when they stopped using it they ended up worse than before.

I currently use the Target version of Clean and Clear to wash, and I have a Neutrogena "zit zapper" I use the second I think I have something developing. I'm not perfectly clear all the time, but much better than I used to be!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!