Hello Everyone!!

My name is Meg and I'm 22 years old, a mother of two beautiful girls (4 yrs & 10 months) and married to my best friend. I've had difficulty with my weight all my life. I'm an emotional eater, I feel comforted by food. The problem didn't seem to get progressively worse until I got pregnant with my first child. I was 16, and nowhere near ready to take care of a child. But I made it work, in the mean time I forgot about my health. I also had the mindset that I could eat whatever I wanted while being pregnant and I'd bounce back after having her. That wasn't the case at all. I ended up gaining a total of 60 lbs in 9 months. And none of the baby weight fell off.

I've done all sorts of crash diets. And none of them seemed to do the trick. So over the last couple of months I've been educating myself on what to do to be successful. I woke up Thursday morning with a totally different outlook on life. I want to be healthy and I finally feel that I'm strong enough to do this. Not only for me but for my girls and husband too.

I'm setting my goals at 10 lbs at a time so I don't get discouraged. I have 70 lbs to lose to be under what I was before I had my first daughter (4 yrs ago) I'm so excited and ready to do this!!

I'm on here just looking for friends and support. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Welcom to MFP, Meg! You will find great support here! Logging everday gives you the opportunity to be accountable. You learn day by day what works. Please free to add me as a friend if you would like. Again, welcome!
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Thank you, if feels nice to have found such a good website such as this one. I'm hoping I do find great support, it's what I really need. I plan on logging in as much as I can throughout the day, this is what's on my mind all day long. My weight. Not enough to drive me crazy, but enough that I will do this. I agree with you, slowly I am learning what is working for me. I've been doing to for 3 days, so I've still got plenty of time.
  • Hi there! Feel free to add me :)