2009 vs 2011 (pics)

Options
Me in 2009 at my heaviest.

fampic2009.jpg

Me in 2011 around my current weight 166 ish. I think there is about a 40 lb difference but I've also dropped 4 sizes in clothing as well.

fampic2011.jpg

Replies

• msmissylowe
    Options
    Wow, that is wonderful! You look fantastic.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Thank you!
  • melisfit
    melisfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! What all have you been doing besides counting cals? I would love to know your secret:)
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great job and I love your shoes!!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Haha I was gonna say the same, love the shoes! :-)
    You look great too!!!
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look very different in the face! You can notice a big change. Way to go, you make MFP the rewarding place it is.
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WTG!!
  • Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look great!!!! COGRATS!!! Whats you secret????
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Wow great job! What all have you been doing besides counting cals? I would love to know your secret:)

Thank you!

In Jan 2010 I joined Weight Watchers. Then in the end of 2010 they changed their plan and I was struggling with it and not losing anything. I was probably around 173 at that point. So since 2011 dropped into the 160's but I haven't been as strict with my food which is why my weight loss has slowed down. I've started to do MFP because WW just wasn't working for me anymore. I'm hoping that I can drop the last 10-15 lbs with the help of MFP and all of you!

Back in Jan of 2010 I joined the YMCA. I started taking BodyPump 2-3x a week every week. I also took BodyStep, Zumba, and Latin Hip Hop. I tried to get at least 4-5 workouts in a week which included the bodypump classes. I've been doing that up until December 2011. In between all of that I've been doing some runs here and there but nothing over 2-4 miles at a time. And those I would do randomly. In the spring/summer I do it more often when the weather is nice outside and I can run around my house.

Starting in January 2012 I have started to lift more weights. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing for my routine. I like to work with the LiveFit by Jamie Eason but haven't followed it to a T. I use it more or less as a guide. My work has a small gym so for my lunch hour I usually do some kind of weights/abs there. I also just started taking a cardio kickboxing class which I really love and I've also found a love for the stairmill or step climber. I also just switched gyms so that I can lift more weights with a friend of mine that is very into fitness and lifting. I'm hoping that will help me have better success with dropping these last few pounds.

So long answer short....I've tried to watch what I eat and exercise as much as possible. Now if I could get my diet better I wouldn't have to workout so hard. I was 162 back a few months ago but like I said I haven't been the best on my diet so I am trying to get that under control again.
  • Los71
    Los71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    12042011.jpg

Nice job aj, proud of you! Nutrition is the key to all progression !!
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Great results--congrats!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You look great! I loved Weight Watchers old point system and lost a bunch of weight with it like a couple time years back (I yoyo :/). But my Mom and me went to WW in Jan. and tried the new system. We lasted 1 week and hated it. Why fix what isn't broken!?! But anyway...great job. You look fantastic!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Melisfit, as a young mom, I'm sure you are lifting that little weight around with you all the time and are always on the go doing chores around the house and running errands to keep up with your baby's needs. If you don't have the opportunity to be going to the gym all the time, don't stress because you're always lifting and always in motion anyway!

Probably what you need to focus on more is fitting in consistent healthy meals and healthy snacks. Don't skimp during the day when you're worried about your baby, and then splurge when you finally get the baby to bed. When your baby falls asleep, get on this website, click on the next day, and plan out a breakfast, a morning snack, a lunch, an afternoon snack, a dinner, and an evening snack. And then, hit the kitchen and prepare everything in advance as best as you can for yourself.

Think healthy when you're out shopping and when you're planning for the next day - think:

*Chopped veggies
    *Lean white meats
    *Whole grains
    *Lowfat dairy
    *Fruits

Be careful of dressings/toppings that you add. Avoid gravies and stick to portion sizes for salad dressings (usually 1-2 tbsp max.)

Steer away from pre-packaged meals and ready-to-go snacks that are loaded with sodium and saturated fats.

If you're a chocoholic like I am, converting to dark chocolate is better too. 70% or higher is the recommendation in terms of getting the most health benefits - my personal recommendation in terms of taste is 72% dark Twilight Delight Ghiradelli chocolate, but then have that in moderation (only 1 or 2 pieces every day).

Also, drink lots of WATER. Put aside the caffeinated drinks that you load with sugar like coffee and soda. WATER, WATER, WATER. Sugar spikes lead to sugar crashes so those caffeinated drinks end up doing more harm than good in terms of energy levels.

Weight changes are not going to show over night, but I promise that counting calories is going to help. I've only been on this site for a little over two weeks and have already lost 3 pounds. Making changes means making some sacrifices and only allowing small splurges, but it's worth it to see the pounds coming off.
  • ChellyChelster
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job girl- U look beautiful :)
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well Done! :flowerforyou:
  • cjcosta73
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :) Congratulations on your success :)

12854723.png
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    u look brillint - uve lost it everywhere. well done. keep up the hard work. x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!