Zumba

Options
Hi! I am new to myfitness pal, and I have currently started to take Zumba classes. Each class is 50 minutes, and I was wondering what I put that under for exercise? Zumba is not listed under exercises, so could someone please help me? Thank you!

Replies

• chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had just looked this up as I'm considering taking a class. I just did a google on Calories burned doing zumba. You can find all kinds of places to do the calculating. One is zumbacalories.com. You then just add it to mfp.
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    I put it under Dance (modern) and I know some have put it under Aerobics too. :bigsmile:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I log it as aerobics high impact. I do it very high impact. I log around 450-550 calories for an hour. I may burn more but I don't want to cheat myself.
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    Hi. I had just looked this up as I'm considering taking a class. I just did a google on Calories burned doing zumba. You can find all kinds of places to do the calculating. One is zumbacalories.com.

Thanks for the link :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    In my personal experience, zumbacalories.com estimates calories burned just a bit high.
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    I wondered about that --- sometime my HRM doesn't match some of the numbers. Of course it won't be an exact match, but I tend to underestimate my cals. :)
  • RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba at home and I always wondered how to figure calories burned as well. The Zumba fitness DVD set says "UP TO 1000 calories an hour", but I highly doubt I'm anywhere near that! Ha ha!! :)