Survivor Challenge

Options
Fieldsy
Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
I am going to start up a new challenge in about a week or two. It will be an individual challenge and you are only held accountable for yourself. The rules are pretty easy to follow and I want to make this challenge last about 7-8 weeks depending on the amount of people we get.

Object of the Survivor Challenge...
Everyone will have a deadline to post their initial weigh in. Each of the following weeks, a number of people with the lowest amount of weight loss percentage (for that current week), will be voted out. This challenge is made to help with consistency of losing weight. Lets say there are 50 people who sign up, I will boot 5-7 of the lowest weight loss each week until there are only a handful of people. The last week will be about 3-5 people and the person with the most weight loss percentage for that week will be the winner.

People who do not post in time will be voted out as well. You will have plenty of time (and a reminder) of weighing in. If you cannot be consistent with this, then you may not be cut out for this challenge.

If you want to join, PM me

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Options
    bump
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    I meant kicked out, not voted out :)
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to be the voice of dissension, but I just can't see that this is a good or healthy idea - mentally or physically. It's not healthy to have rapid weight loss, which essentially is what you're promoting with this "game." Also, a lot of people here are here because they struggle with self-confidence issues. To be "voted out" because they didn't lose a potentially unrealistic amount of weight could very well make that problem worse. This isn't the Biggest Loser - people don't need to have to worry about losing a specified percentage every week to be in some little club. Losing weight is about being better for yourself, not competing with other people. I'm sorry, but I just don't think this is a good idea or heathy and I would urge people not to do this.
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    I'm sorry to be the voice of dissension, but I just can't see that this is a good or healthy idea - mentally or physically. It's not healthy to have rapid weight loss, which essentially is what you're promoting with this "game." Also, a lot of people here are here because they struggle with self-confidence issues. To be "voted out" because they didn't lose a potentially unrealistic amount of weight could very well make that problem worse. This isn't the Biggest Loser - people don't need to have to worry about losing a specified percentage every week to be in some little club. Losing weight is about being better for yourself, not competing with other people. I'm sorry, but I just don't think this is a good idea or heathy and I would urge people not to do this.

I'm not promoting rapid weight loss. I've had about 10-15 challenges in the past where I made it fun and held people accountable. I've helped many people lose weight.

I didn't mean voted out, and I did correct myself earlier. I've had people join challenges and kind of gave a half effort. This challenge is for people who want to work hard each week.

If you don't think its a good idea then thats fine, you don't have to join....but to think this is an unhealthy idea for people to lose weight may be a little off. Some people need accountability and want that accountability.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

If you don't think it's a good idea then don't join. You are taking it too seriously. It's just a place for accountability and support. Sometimes a 'game' or 'challenge' is that extra push a person is looking for. It's NOT promoting rapid weight loss.
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I personally like your "Challenges" I know I need a swift kick to get back on track and I am using this as that. I don't want to get "booted" out of your challenge so I am going to work very hard to stay in it.

If people don't agree, they don't have to join us. This isn't for everyone and only those truly dedicated need apply.

Thanks Fieldsy for all you do. I personally appreciate it!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I've done many of Fieldsy's challenges and honestly they really keep me motivated! I have medical issues that cause me to have exercise restrictions so I really have to watch my calories. On my own I tend to overeat but just being part of a challenge keeps me on track. It's all in fun and no one ever makes you feel bad. Some people need a little extra kick to keep them motivated and that is what this challenge is for. If you don't like the idea don't join but don't get the wrong idea of what the challenge is. No one is expected or encouraged to lose 15 lbs. a week like the Biggest Loser!
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    thanks everyone :)
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This would be a blast - but I'm within 15lbs of my goal...I'd lose out 3 or 4 weeks in.

Woulda been fun tho - great idea!!
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    This would be a blast - but I'm within 15lbs of my goal...I'd lose out 3 or 4 weeks in.

Im about 25lbs away, but still joining :)
    You should try it. If you end up losing out the first week or 2, then oh well ya know? It doesn't hurt.
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    bump
  • nannabannana
    Options
    NOPE....not a good thing...
  • Fieldsy
    Options

Also, its all about weight loss % not lbs lost
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    NOPE....not a good thing...

Well its not for everyone I suppose
  • monikaw
    monikaw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a very competitive person by nature. This is a perfect thing for me!!! Thanks a lot for hosting it. If some people don't agree with it then they don't. We are all grown ups and know what keeps us motivated. If this isn't something for you then don't join. There are people out there (like me) who need competition to stay accountable. I know that I dont like to lose at things and I will be trying my best. Once again thanks for this challenge.
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    No problem Monikaw, I like to help out however I can! :)
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    bump
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    Bump
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Ryan is a wonderful example of someone who has taken charge of his health and promotes healthy change, accountability and friendly competition with others. I am happily joining in the new challenge because the one we're in right now is fun and extremely motivating. I see nothing wrong with wanting to ignite a little positive competition when it comes to weight loss.

If you want a very well organized challenge, please join all of us!

Nichele
  • Mia2891
    Mia2891 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    is it too late to get in on this challenge? sounds great!