How Do U Deal With Jealous "Friends"?

Options
anyone here dealing with jealous friends?

For instance me and one of my close friend were/are both overweight. She has a gym membership but still manages to keep gaining weight. She constantly would make jokes about her attempting to lose weight but since it doesnt work she doesnt care. After she comes from the gym she goes straight to a fast food restaurant.

now since july of last year i decided to make it my mission to lose weight for good. i have lost 30 pounds so far and i dont have a gym membership. when i went out with her one day she asked "how is it possible that you lost weight?" "skinny doesnt look good on everyone", "your gonna gain it back" and a whole bunch of other negative things. we could be at target and i always check the labels, she sees me do this and catches an attitude still saying a bunch of negative things.

now im not the one to hold my tongue, when i argue or get mad i go for the jugular and i have called her fat a number of times. Well now i have been dis invited to any outings and parties.

Replies

• gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm honest and tell them what I'm doing... Eating healthier foods, watching how much I eat, exercising. I would go to the point of calling the, fat or jealous...doesn't serve any purpose as they are already feeling that way about themselves.
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    anyone here dealing with jealous friends?

i have lost 30 pounds so far and i dont have a gym membership. when i went out with her one day she asked "how is it possible that you lost weight?" "skinny doesnt look good on everyone", "your gonna gain it back" and a whole bunch of other negative things. we could be at target and i always check the labels, she sees me do this and catches an attitude still saying a bunch of negative things.

This person is a friend? Wow, what do your enemies say to you?

Free clue to you..... this person is NOT a friend. Find someone new to go out with. And if the ignorant goof has the nerve to ask why you don't go out with her, tell her the truth.
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Jealous friends are hard to deal with, but honestly...it sounds like you need to surround yourself with loving and supportive people. there are going to be those insecure people who throw negative thoughts out there and they aren't good for anyone. I would talk to her one and one when things have settled and just ask her if she could please try to be more understanding and that you're hurt by her comments and offer her help so she can get in shape as well.
  • blueivycarter
    Options
    Jealous friends are hard to deal with, but honestly...it sounds like you need to surround yourself with loving and supportive people. there are going to be those insecure people who throw negative thoughts out there and they aren't good for anyone. I would talk to her one and one when things have settled and just ask her if she could please try to be more understanding and that you're hurt by her comments and offer her help so she can get in shape as well.

i have offered help, we go to zumba classes together but she refuses to eat healthy. her comments do really hurt me they just annoy the crap out of me.

good thing i found this site because no one in my family supports me
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You've got to let go of toxic people. I would just stop going out with her and avoid her in general.