Chocolate...philidelphia spread?!

Options
I remember someone mentioning this and I've just seen the advert now

Have many people tried it? Do you like it?

I wonder what yummy recipes can be used with it

*Drools*

Replies

• LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hubby brought home some little pots as few weeks ago I live in Ireland and it was Philly mix with Cadburys Chocolate and yes its was fab I think it was 86 calories for a small pots and we had it on Pancakes and also on some sweet crackers with some fruit onto top. Less calories than standard chocolate spreads
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    it is lovely, you can make little cheese cakes with it
  • uk_james
    uk_james Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hubby brought home some little pots as few weeks ago I live in Ireland and it was Philly mix with Cadburys Chocolate and yes its was fab I think it was 86 calories for a small pots and we had it on Pancakes and also on some sweet crackers with some fruit onto top. Less calories than standard chocolate spreads

My other half spotted these the other day but didn't get them, I've been wondering about them ever since.... and at 86 cals a little pot, got to be worth a go :)
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, I didn't rate it that much, but my daughter loved it
  • It is really nice! I bought it pre diet and it didn't last long! You can buy tiny little pots of it in asda.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    OMIGOD! I NEED this is my life!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Its nice, but has a too many carbs for my likeing!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I think it would be a great alternative to Nutella, which people seem to think is amazing and some how good for you.

http://blog.fooducate.com/2009/10/11/the-new-nutella-a-nutritious-spread-inside-the-label/

I think I'll make some mini cheesecakes as suggested
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Saw it in Asda on Friday, my flatmate wanted to try it out but I'm not sure. The sugar content is mad! Mixing in cocoa powder with plain philadelphia should get you the same sort of thing surely? Without the sugar... maybe that would just be weird? Haha!
  • uk_james
    uk_james Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Saw it in Asda on Friday, my flatmate wanted to try it out but I'm not sure. The sugar content is mad! Mixing in cocoa powder with plain philadelphia should get you the same sort of thing surely? Without the sugar... maybe that would just be weird? Haha!

Right, I'm off to Asda. Sugar content or not, it'll fit with the diet (I had some hotel chocolat choc this week and still lost weight, so I put the same challenge to Dairy Milk Philadelphia!)
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options

I totally agree! Maybe mix in a little Stevia sweetener if you need it sweeter. But I wouldn't buy the ready made version. The sugar content is awful!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    im thinking crushed ginger nuts, in a ramekin, this on top.

shating!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    im thinking crushed ginger nuts, in a ramekin, this on top.

shating!
    OMG! That sounds like heaven!

I bought the little pots to try it (and also as portion control :laugh:) and it's very nice, but it's not as delicious as Duo Penotti.

duopenotti.jpg

It's Dutch chocolate hazelnut & vanilla spread and I :heart: it.

It's great on Ryvita Fruit Crunch and it's also great with peanut butter (I love Waitrose Essential Wholenut Peanut Butter). I get two Crawford's arrowroot biscuits (similar to rich tea) and spread one with DP and the other with PB and make a sandwich. :tongue: :love:

It's the prefect mid-afternoon snack (when I've been good and done some exercise :wink:)
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Philly chocolate is gorgeous and Tesco have got it on buy one get one free at the moment (very dangerous!)
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just saw this advert. What the flying...f?
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options

Spoil sport!
  • prettylittlechubby
    Options
    I remember someone mentioning this and I've just seen the advert now

Have many people tried it? Do you like it?

I wonder what yummy recipes can be used with it

*Drools*

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
  • amymckmuffin
    Options
    Just done the monthly food shop yesterday and saw these, picked up a 4 pack of the lil pots for me and hubby to try, ^^ they seem like a great idea!
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have one sitting in my fridge calling to me................. Is it nice but naughty or naughty but nice????
  • danielle1983cov
    Options
    I love it, but I can't buy it as I would eat it all!