SO hard.

Options
JStarnes
JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
:grumble: The girls are going to zaxby's. I am being good & sticking to my sandwhich I brought & my yogurt but it's SO hard. :angry: :angry: Why must they tempt me??? It just doesn't seem worth it to waste 400 calories on a dinky salad when I can have my giant sandwich & a bowl of yogurt for the same. :mad: it won't smell nearly as good though. grrrrrr peer pressure.

Replies

• Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    look at it this way:

you'll feel AWESOME knowing that you turned down a bad decision. :happy:

YOU'RE the one thats losing the weight, taking one step forward, instead of two steps back, by giving in to temptation. :tongue:

look at it as "wow, they're gonna go eat all that junk, and i get to eat this HUGE sandwich and yummy yogurt, for less cals/fat, and its healthier!" :drinker:
  • mojomcgee
    mojomcgee Posts: 50
    Options
    Hang in there girl!!! Remember you are your own best friend. When I fear temptation I drink a juice about 15-30 minutes prior to eating so I will already start to feel full and won't be so tempted by what other people are eating. It really works for me. They say you start to feel full in 10 but it seems to take longer for me. And sometimes well meaning friends just need a gentle reminder that your diet is important to you and it's cruel to lead you into temptation. Of course you can cheat every once in a while. It's important that you don't feel deprived. You've already lost 10 so you're doing something right.
    Good luck
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! Smile because you're making the better choice, saving pounds from your waist and pounds from your pocket! If they really pester you to go with them that's not good but good you for declining! Similarly if they're not on a diet...it's hard to expect them to not do things just becausey you can't but I can see how it must be annoying! :smile:

Well done anyway! :flowerforyou:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Yeah... I feel ya. Definitely been there. And if it were just a one-time kind of thing I would probably say, "GO! Enjoy it! Just try to make the best choices there that you can!" But in reality, I'm guessing this is a common occurance so YAY you for making a great decision for yourself and sticking with the healthy options you brought! It's SO hard to do something different and go against the crowd even though we're supposed to be grown ups now and not feel so much peer pressure (whatever!), BUT we become better, stronger people when we choose for ourselves what we will do no matter what the crowd is doing. You could even bring your lunch with you to Zaxby's if you wanted to eat with them. Yes, you'd look like a freak, but what's wrong with that? I own my weirdness and remember that I'm making different choices than other people because I want different results than those people get.... So congrats to you on doing the right thing for you. Probably saved ya some cash too! :tongue:
  • BillieS
    BillieS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 10 lbs. lost and also congratulations on sticking to it rather than going out with the girls for unhealthy choices. Remind yourself - "it's just food and I can have that another time". Also, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I had a set back last week with gaining a whole pound (July 4th eating) but this week will be lots better. I made a huge pot of vegetable soup that is seasoned really good and I am enjoying the heck out of it and have already lost 1.4 pounds. Normally it takes me almost a month to lose a pound but I decided it was coming off and vegetables and fruit are my friends. Good luck you can do it.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    GOOD for you!!! That is great that you being so strong even thought it is not easy! My husband tempts me with junk food too (He just bought Dark chocolate M&Ms yesterday at Sams, Swedish fish) it is hard and We love ourselves more then that!!!

Stay strong and enjoy that YUMMY Sandwich and yogurt!
  • TrinaXL
    TrinaXL Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yay you!
    I've had to do this a few times to my own husband... He's getting the picture though.
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    Oh....the dreaded lunch out with friends! This has been so hard for me as most of my friends here at work are single and we have always eat out A LOT! ( lunch and dinner) I have had to cut back big time. It's so tempting but I know you feel good sticking to your planned lunch.

One thing that helps me is planning to go out for lunch once a week. Usually on Wednesday or Thursday, and then I eat light all that morning so when I do order I can order a salad or chicken dish. Just be careful not to derpive yourself.

Also, why don't you get on-line and review menu choices and calorie content prior to going out so you have something in mind to order. I have found a lot of good websites with the calorie counters for restaurants. If you are interested let me know and I will share. I like to do this as I don't have to discuss the "diet" in front of my friends and I know what I can order and what I can't.

If there is a chili's or Applebee's nearby the both have weightwatcher menus.

You are doing great!! Keep up the good work!
  • JStarnes
    Options
    aaaaaaaaand they're getting chinese today. and won't leave me alone. :angry:

Thanks for the support! You guys rock - helps remind me why I'm here. :smile: MFP is a lifesaver.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Aw... well if you want chinese, go eat moo goo gai pan and egg drop soup. But if you don't, don't. Really it's not that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things. Your life doesn't revolve around lunch. :smile: Hope your day is as beautiful and sunshiney as mine is here! :bigsmile:
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Aw... well if you want chinese, go eat moo goo gai pan and egg drop soup. But if you don't, don't. Really it's not that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things. Your life doesn't revolve around lunch. :smile: Hope your day is as beautiful and sunshiney as mine is here! :bigsmile:

I'm not going to - I know it doesn't revolve around lunch, just venting. :tongue: I'll pass if I can't have what I want...some yummy scallion chicken with cheese fried wontons. :tongue: mmmmm I'll just smell the girls' food...again. LOL