I never introduced myself!

Options
Hello!
I have actually been on here for a little while, but never introduced myself! My name is Laura and I started about 6 months ago at 5'10 and 238lbs. As of yesterday, I was 213.8, so, I have lost almost 25 lbs at this point. (I screwed around for most of those 6 months and most of my weight has been lost in the last month.)

I also have celiac disease, so I am on a restricted diet. No gluten for me! Unfortunately, alot of the "gluten-free" foods are actually higher in calorie, so, I have to fight against that if I want a substitue.

In addition: I am supposed to be training for a 5k that I am going to run in October, but a month ago, my knee went out, so I am very slowly recuperating from that.

My 18month old daughter is most of my motivation. Sure, I want to be skinny and healthy, but mostly I want to be able to be an active mom and a good roll model. I have like 64 more pounds to lose, so, Hello!!

Replies

• ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Nice post!

Hello :)
  • swulski
    swulski Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi! :):):)
  • mjoysmith81
    Options
    Nice! You know what I never introduced myself either. I have been a member since January of this year. I use the app on my iphone. I haven't lost anything yet and infact I have gained a few since this started........... So I just weighed myself and I have been avoiding the scale for a good reason. I need to change a lot of things. I like to exercise, but I am not consistent until 2 weeks ago when I decided that I was going to train for a 10k. I did a 5k last year in less than 2 months so the 10k is Memorial Day weekend. I know I can do it. I want to lose weight of course, but I want to feel good about myself. I hate when my clothes become tighter and I am uncomfortable in EVERYTHING I wear, including my pj's.... Umm there is an issue if you are uncomfortable in your PJ's!! I want my outside to match my inside......:wink:
  • Sherlynmelody
    Options
    lol, thats funny, uncomfortable in your PJ's........I totally agree tho, especially around the thighs and waist ugggh!!! :wink:
  • ebeatty143
    Options
    Whew...I thought I was the only one uncomfortable even in my pj's! haha

I have just joined about a week ago and love coming on & reading everyone's posts. It's great support & motivation.

I have never been skinny, and don't want to be now. I just want to be comfortable & have energy to run with my kids instead of sitting and watching them do their sports.

So thanks everyone for supporting me through this page!

Feel free to add me...