NSV - Longest run yet!

Options
Just wanted to share a NSV for the first time here - went for a run this morning, did just under 5 miles (in the pouring rain!) with my dad, which is the longest run I've done yet. It felt really good - we stopped to walk twice for a hundred metres or so each time up some big hills, but other than that kept running and actually did it in about 53 minutes! I'm feeling really confident now for the 5 mile road race we're registered for in May, and hopefully a half marathon next year!

Replies

• clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well done!! That's awesome.
    Also, don't wait until next year. You've got all summer to train, so sign up for something for the fall.
    JUST DO IT!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Love hearing about other peoples' running successes!! :)
  • marckilgore
    Options
    impressive!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Super job! Especially in the rain!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV!
  • Shelley18904
    Shelley18904 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well done!! That's awesome.
    Also, don't wait until next year. You've got all summer to train, so sign up for something for the fall.
    JUST DO IT!

We're seriously thinking about it - there's one in November near us which I reckon we could be well prepared for, just getting up the courage to enter!

Thanks for all the encouragement!
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    you can do it - go for the one in Nov! Once you are signed up you will train and if you can do it now, just keep doing what you are doing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!