When to weigh

Options
Do you all think it's so important to just weigh once a week? I am honestly seeing a 4 lb flunctuation throughout a one week period. I am so tempted to record that lowest weight when I see it but I'm trying so hard to wait for that 7 day mark. What is your opinion?

Replies

• redtop2187
    redtop2187 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week BUT am relying heavier on the way my clothes fit, measurements taken each month and NSV!!
  • mon696
    mon696 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on the same day of the week and at the same time. I prefer to do it in the morning before I eat anything and after I use the restroom. (Though I have to admit, I check throughout the week but I only record once a week sometimes every two weeks)
  • MomDupuis
    MomDupuis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I post my weight every Sunday morning even though I weigh myself every morning. I also fluctuate during the week and also during the month, but if I stick with once a week to post I firgure I am getting an accurate read of where I am.
  • KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I always make it my goal to do it every Monday.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Never weigh myself. A # could horrify me. I go by my clothes. Size 8. Throw out the scale.
  • nuttydoherty
    Options
    I always weigh my self once a week at the same time
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every/most days. This lets you see how much your weight can fluctuate from day to day and give you a more accurate trend line for tracking progress. You're less likely to think you gained or lost based on normal fluctuations (flukes at the time of weigh in). I understand that some people may find this too discouraging or feel like they are obsessing over their weight. Personally, I concern myself more with my body fat %, energy level, and overall mood.
  • mongoose1968
    mongoose1968 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always weigh once a week on a Sunday, and wearing nothing. I feel that it is better for me but some weeks I haven't lost anything, but I don't get down-hearted as I know that I am doing my best and that I am gaining muscle tone and definition. I tried a pair of jeans on yesterday and when I bought them they were a little tight and now they fit beautifully, so I am using clothing as my guide as well..
  • 42micheller42
    Options
    just joined the "Better Than The Scale" Challenge. The group is weighing themselves once a month...just started march the first .. care to join us ? I have been thumbing my nose at the scale every time I walk by it ... liberating actually:drinker:
  • kerryd73
    kerryd73 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks all for your input. Micheller, thnx for the invite but there is no way I can wait a month, lol. I tend to be more like hazleyes. If one day I see an increase in poundage it only motivates me to be more strict on my eating that day. kbmnurse, I for sure would not be horrified with the scale at a size 8 but that's just me....I had a great body in highschool and I graduated in a size 9. Now? LOL not sayen! :) But that's why I'm on this site & I'd be thrilled in a 10 and that's very accomplishable. I like to weigh often but I only record on here the actual wt I am on the 7th day ...which falls on Thursdays.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I weight every day, but I don't obsess over individual days' weights. I see how much my weight fluctuates from day to day due to salt/fluids, so I understand that you can't get too worried about a few pounds. The amount of water weight you gain or lose in a day is much greater than the amount of fat weight you lose in a week. Weighing only once a week keeps you from being able to know how much of the change is water. If last week I happened to be a little dehydrated in the morning when I weighed, then I might think I wasn't making progress for the next few weeks when my weight was unchanged or even higher. But when I weigh every day, I see the overall picture. Which is pretty much a straight line down. Looks nice :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i check once a week first thing in the AM before ive eaten. if i know i've eaten too much salty stuff i'll definitely make sure to increase my water the day before weight day to make sure i'm not retaining anything
  • Tami113
    Tami113 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself at the gym 6 days a week. once before i start working out and then once before i leave for home. i only record weights from friday's weigh ins. weighing myself often during the week is almost like i am watching the weight fall off! very motivating