Giving this a shot. Hey there!

Options
Hello, everyone. My name is Raine, and I'm new to the site, and the lifestyle to be honest. I haven't really tried to take part in a weight-loss program or anything of the sort before, but I am going to give my all to do this one myself. I have a 6-month-old son who serves as my main motivation in wanting to slim down. I've been a big guy all my life, but I've learned it's not just about looks. I'm 23 years old and it's time to look at my health. As someone who suffers from hypoglycemia and anemia, it's time for me to get my health in check. My wife recently started Weight Watchers, and I've been trying to follow her, but when I found MyFitnessPal it has already started to be a better program for me.

So I am just saying hello, and letting a little be known about me. It's nice to see you all here, and I hope I can gain some support as well as help support others!

Replies

• jennieemily
    Options
    Welcome, Raine! This is an awesome place to get support and encouragement. There are lots of people here, myself included, who are in the same boat. The best part of the site for me is the friends who cheer me on when I succeed, and walk beside me with patience and strength when I stumble! Love it here!
    Best of luck to you!
    Jennie
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I'm glad you've found this place that can help you achieve your goals. One thing to realize and I see posts about it all the time. You will have ups and downs in the scale and high/low calorie days. We all have days where we go over for whatever reason (or under sometimes). Know it, embrace it and move on. I think that should be my motto. You can do this and you have some great reasons for doing it. And BTW, you look like my nephew from the brief look at the photo.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    This site is a motivator for sure. Best of luck on your journey into a healthy lifestyle. Take one day at a time and set small achievable goals on the way to your long term goals.
  • PopePopsicleIV
    Options
    Hello! I don't have much to say as I'm new too but I wanted to wish you the best of luck, and I hope you get what you need here! :]
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family and good luck! We are here for each other for encouragement, questions, and anything else that may be on your mind. See you along the path to health.