zumba

Options
tarahs
tarahs Posts: 99 Member
can anyone please inform me of calories burn in one hour of zumba class??? thanks...

Replies

• MJBez
    MJBez Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

I used this website to calculate mine. You enter your weight, time frame and your intensity level. I know using a HRM is best, but I don't have one. Good luck.
    Ps. I love Zumba! So much fun :)
  • tarahs
    tarahs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thanks much! this may actually help me:happy:
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have an HRM and decided to go on that site just to see how close it is, and I have to admit it was rather close!
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 174 and when I have gone to classes in the past I burn anywhere from 600-700 calories in an hour! Just depends on how hard I push myself! I do the Zumba Wii ALL the time and love it and burn so many calories with it!! In just 20 min I have burned 250-280 calories.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I took my first zumba class yesterday, and worked at a high intensity. My HRM indicated I burned 590 cals. If you are going to use the website which overly estimated my calories burned I would suggest not eating half of those cals back. The website said I burned over 800 cals.

Good luck!
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

I used this website to calculate mine. You enter your weight, time frame and your intensity level. I know using a HRM is best, but I don't have one. Good luck.
    Ps. I love Zumba! So much fun :)

THANKS from Chicago IL
  • beachquilt
    beachquilt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used Zumbacalories.com for awhile.... Then I got a HRM.... that website was WAY overestimating my calories burned.

So be careful if you use that site!
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I went to zumba for the first time.yesterday and wore a HRM. The site actually under estimated for me but wasn't too far off.

I only eat some of my exercise calories not all so I don't worry about the exact accurate number. Ballpark works for me.