Down & out need a kick start!

Options
I was going well and had lost 10kg and only had 10kg to go, then I split with my longtime boyfriend and now Ive gained the 10kg back and I simply cannot find the motivation to exercise! Ive been trying over the last 3 months to exercise and I might manage 2 or 3 days in a row then I stop. Im getting so frustrated with myself. I have to say my close friends are bad influences and refuse to exercise and I live in a small country town and we dont have a gym or any fitness programs so I dont really have anyone to push me but myself.

Does anyone have any ideas that might give me some motivation? Or maybe a kickstart plan?

Replies

• Skyflier83
    Options
    Hey... don't be too hard on yourself as if you've lost it once you can lose it again! How about getting an exercise dvd or something you can do at home? There's so many out there you're bound to find something you like the look of. Break down what you want to achieve - saying 10kgs sounds a lot so how about starting with 1kg?

Start small and it'll be easier to keep going. Also the one thing I absolutely believe in is everyday tell yourself at least one thing you like, it doesn't matter what it is but it gets you into a more positive way of thinking.

Good luck!
  • RumRum85
    RumRum85 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey... don't be too hard on yourself as if you've lost it once you can lose it again!

(...)

Start small and it'll be easier to keep going. Also the one thing I absolutely believe in is everyday tell yourself at least one thing you like, it doesn't matter what it is but it gets you into a more positive way of thinking.

So true :)

That thing of the friends that refuse to exercise should not be a problem, in fact it could be a good chance to have a time to forget about the world and think in absolut nothing. I run/walk 4 times per week in an ecological reservour (the only peacefull place in a big city like Buenos Aires) with a trail road of 10km, listening trance music and I go alone (my friends refuse to workout out of the gym) and, there is a magic moment when absolutly all dissappear and is only me and the road. When you finish your training, even the world looks a bit better. I think you should give it a try, there must be a good road (grass, trail, avoid the paviment or hard surfaces) to run.

And you need a program that organizes how much to run, the rythm and time and all that, you may check adidas micoach, there are very good training programs, exercising 3 times per week is ok and is better if are not days in a row :) the magic of the workouts appears after a good rest!

Good Luck and tell us what you decide to do and your progress!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Get up off that couch, put your shoes on and get out and walk.... You will feel so much better. Just try it it can't hurt right, right.
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes start small, but start. The excerise will help you more then you know. When I excercise I can handle stress so much better. The big things dont seem so big anymore. Im sure there is a medical reason for this, I just dont know what it is. Just know it helps. If you live in an area that has nice weather get out and walk. I love walking, I take our dog who bounces off the couch and it wears him out for little while at least. The fresh air and seeing other people is a great thing. :wink:
  • Cheryl943
    Cheryl943 Posts: 83
    Options
    I love my Wii. I have fit plus, sport resort and zumba. I mix it up throughout the weeks so it is always fun. You can work as hard as you like. The Zumba is the most challenging for me as it is so fast paced and bouncy so I only manage about a 20 min. warm up but I am trying to do better each time. If I get through that ok, then I do some sword fighting (great stress reducer) or other sporting type activities. Then I do my fit plus workout or free steps and some yoga to end with. It is really a good workout for me and how often do y0u hear someone at the gym doing as varied a workout as that. I reward myself with wake boarding, skate boarding, flying (as a bird), archery, table tennis....I could go on but you get the idea. Join me. :flowerforyou:
  • fnkygrl
    fnkygrl Posts: 46
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your imput! I think thats the sort of things I needed to hear. My new routine starts tomorrow morning :)