The dreaded mothers apron!

Options
Does anyone have any advice to get rid of this lovely flab? I'm doing great on my weight loss, but its still "hanging" around :(

Replies

• garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt that mine will go away. I have had three pregnancies, two c-sections, one set of twins. My poor stomach is never going to be the same.

From what I have read, you are supposed to give your skin two years after weight loss. My DH and I have always said if I can maintain for one year I can get a tummy tuck. So one year after I reach goal I will go for a consult and take it from there.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    stenght training really helped with my tummy after giving birth to my 6th child
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of core work and a clean diet. I do tons of strength training, some cardio, and lots of core at home, I can't afford a gym membership.

0660d688.jpg
    e21cb75b.jpg

Those were taken about 3 months post C-section.

c96e23f4.jpg

That was 8 months post C-section. I still have stretch marks and weird skin but it looks much better than before. I gained over 80 lbs during my pregnancy, so I got very big!

Obviously some cases are more extreme (extreme disastis recti) sp? And require surgery to repair. From what I hear though, most cases can eventually return to normal.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Ick. Sorry the pics are so big! Posting from my phone...
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

c96e23f4.jpg

That was 8 months post C-section. I still have stretch marks and weird skin but it looks much better than before. I gained over 80 lbs during my pregnancy, so I got very big!

Obviously some cases are more extreme (extreme disastis recti) sp? And require surgery to repair. From what I hear though, most cases can eventually return to normal.
    You give me hope! I haven't got started on strength with weights yet as I don't have any, but I'm working on hubby to get me a set lol
  • jmac508
    jmac508 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've also considered a tummy tuck if I can stick with this! I would hate to spend that kind of $ but this thing is really got my self esteem down.
  • jmac508
    jmac508 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of core work and a clean diet. I do tons of strength training, some cardio, and lots of core at home, I can't afford a gym membership.

0660d688.jpg
    e21cb75b.jpg

c96e23f4.jpg

Wow you look great! Such a motivation!
  • wflagstone
    Options
    @Jacksmom12, you look amazing! What type of diet are you on if you
    Don't mind my asking?
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I've also considered a tummy tuck if I can stick with this! I would hate to spend that kind of $ but this thing is really got my self esteem down.

Is yours just loose skin? or is it fat?

My stomach still hangs over in a horrible way, but that's because I still have 35 lbs to lose. It shrinks every week so I'm not worried about it. It'll be gone when my BF is at a healthy %.