The ULTIMATE in NSV (and 100 pounds lost)

Options
angimac
angimac Posts: 145 Member
This morning, I was standing at my washer and dryer, folding laundry. I felt something hit my feet, and looked down as I was leaning over to retrieve the article of clothing I'd dropped. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was the pants that I was wearing that had slid off all the way to the floor! I started laughing like a crazy woman. LOL

Yesterday morning, I weighed in. The number staring back at me was 185 ... 100 pounds less than the scale showed in March of last year. My weight loss started the last week of March last year, through no effort of my own (stress is hell on the body). By the time I started MFP, I was 273, so my little ticker badge thingy isn't showing 100 pounds yet. But 100 pounds is something I never dreamed I'd ever be able to do, much less do it without medical intervention or anything.

I gave away a 50 gallon tote box of my "fat" clothes a couple of weeks ago. I'd always held onto them when I'd lose a little weight before. Not anymore. I'm never going back there.

I have 35 pounds to go to reach my goal. For the first time, in my entire life, I don't cringe when I look in the mirror... (at least when I look in the mirror after I get dressed - the saggy baggy stuff that greets me after a shower, that's another story entirely)... I am a long way from loving myself (don't know if I'll ever reach THAT point) but I have started learning to LIKE myself...

I'm getting there...

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    YAY! That is fantastic! You should be INCREDIBLY proud of yourself!
  • TinBell
    TinBell Posts: 4
    Options
    That is amazing - well done!!
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    That sounds so different to a Brit where pants = underwear, took me a couple of times reading it to translate.

Congrats on your effort.
  • DortP
    DortP Posts: 3
    Options
    Well done!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    really impressed. it makes me feel like a right wimp, moaning about my final stone! (14lbs) but you have given me the motivation. 35 is nothing compared to 100!!!!!
  • pinkrjae
    pinkrjae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! As someone who needs to lose 100+ lbs, that is incredibly inspiring. Now I know I can do it too!
  • nverzyden
    nverzyden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Great job!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

Congratulations!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Just dont wear them to the grocery store! LOL Congratulations
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Love yourself for the hard work and dedication it took to achieve what you have done. You deserve it.
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    Incredible work!! I can imagine the scene in the laundry room. What joy you must have felt!!
  • chammich
    chammich Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is so funny..congrats!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

No, my underpants are one thing that DOES fit me, LOL (I tried to add "trousers" tp the original post, but I suppose it's been too long for an edit)

Yes, if I can lose 100 pounds, anyone can!

They were actually pajamas, so I won't wear them to the grocery store! But thanks for the advice! (I actually did wear them one whole day on a road trip last summer - comfy clothes are needed for an 1800 mile drive/ride)
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    way too funny!!! what a great NSV!! you have done a great job!!
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Your post was so funny and encouraging. Congrats on your progress, you should be proud!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is my goal to lose 100 pounds : ) You look fantastic....by the way!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!