Huge NSV for me!!!

Options
NaomiLyn15
NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
So, in the last two weeks I have hit two major milestones in my weight loss journey. I made two goals for myself at the beginning of this journey two years ago. 1. To purchase a pair of knee high boots 2. to wear a size 10 from Express.

Well, last week I bought my first TWO pairs of knee high boots. The problem that I always had was that my calves were too large to fit into a boot. Now they fit, with room for jeans and additional room to spare. I am so excited.

The last 20 lbs lost have seemed to make the most physical difference in my body shape, and nothing in my closet fits any more. I constantly feel like I am swimming in my clothes. So, I went shopping yesterday. I went to Express because I needed work cothes and I like what they have to offer. While there I tried on a bunch of bottoms. I pulled 12's off the shelf, because even though I am wearing 10s at many stores, I feel like their sizes run smaller. I was just crossing my fingers that 12s would fit me. I put the 12s on, and was pleased that they fit well (at least I thought so), but the girl working in the fitting rooms walked by and told me that they weren't fitting me right and went to get me the smaller size. I put those on, and OH MY GOSH they fit. It has been so long since I put on clothes that actually fit me, that i forgot how they felt!!

So, in the last two weeks I have finally realized two goals that I set for myself two years ago. It is so exciting.

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Great job, doesn't that feel great when you can fit into smaller clothes. Keep up the good work.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well done! It is a great feeling when the weight loss starts to show! :)
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    Congratulations!! I bought two size 12 dresses yesterday, an equally big deal for me so I totally relate. Good Job!!!!
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    That's excellent! And I agree that Express does run small, so be EXTRA excited about that! :)
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Somehow that seems better than what the scale says! My size 12's are getting big and I will be shopping next weekend, hoping to get a size 10 pair of jeans! Haven't been a size 10 in about 6-7 years and even then it was short lived, I have been a 12-14 almost my entire adult life and I am in my early 40's.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! How awesome for you! Are you super excited to 'step out' on monday in your new clothes and adorable boots!! :) I bet you have the outfit(s) all layed out!

Keep rockin it!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! How awesome for you! Are you super excited to 'step out' on monday in your new clothes and adorable boots!! :) I bet you have the outfit(s) all layed out!

Keep rockin it!

Well, the sad thing is.... I work from home. But, on the bright side I do have to go to the office W-F, and then we head to Vegas on Sunday through Thursday for a work event. Which is why I had to go shopping yesterday. I don't think that my coworkers wanted to see me in the only things that fit (my bra and underwear) in Vegas. ha ha.

So, I am super excited for Wednesday. I am getting my hair done tomorrow night too, so I can look exceptionally good. Every time I go into the office lately someone makes a comment about how I am getting so tiny.... I can't wait to hear what people say when they see me in clothes that actually fit.
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My goal is to buy a pair of knee high boots when next fall/winter comes around!! I can't wait until my calves are small enough to fit in them!!

Great job on your success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!