Low Calorie Strawberry Muffin Bake

Options
eating4balance
eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
I just posted a new recipe on my blog for a strawberry muffin-type bake. It is easy to make, and low calorie too! Plus, it only takes 60 seconds to make in the microwave. Well then, by all means... :smile:

http://peanut-butter-lover.blogspot.com/2012/03/strawberry-microwave-bake.html

Strawberry Microwave Bake

120 calories, no added sugar, virtually fat free, no artificial ingredients or sweeteners.

I like to top mine with almond butter and strawberry jam, but it tastes great plain and the possibilities are endless!

Check it out and let me know in the comments if you try a new variation! I love changing things up :heart:

Replies

• fitmommy02
    fitmommy02 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, it was really good! I topped mine with a little low fat ricotta cheese mixed with strawberry jam! I will make this again!
  • eating4balance
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, it was really good! I topped mine with a little low fat ricotta cheese mixed with strawberry jam! I will make this again!

So glad you liked it! There are so many variations that I will never get tired. I made one with blueberries and peach jam tonight :smile:
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks; just looked it up and it could actually make a very interesting breakfast.

Great potential for variations with other applesauces (peach, pear, blueberry, banana/strawberry) and different preserves (where do I start....). Throwing in some cacao or vanilla and/or spices (cinnamon, allspice, gincer) could also be considered. Miam,

Might actually try for my kids tomorrow morning!
  • eating4balance
    Options
    Thanks; just looked it up and it could actually make a very interesting breakfast.

Great potential for variations with other applesauces (peach, pear, blueberry, banana/strawberry) and different preserves (where do I start....). Throwing in some cacao or vanilla and/or spices (cinnamon, allspice, gincer) could also be considered. Miam,

Do you make those flavors of applesauce at home, or can you find them in your store? I have seen strawberry-flavored applesauce but blueberry applesauce would be amazing! I don't think my store carries much variety other than sweetened and unsweetened though. I guess I'll just have to find a recipe online! lol
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Do you make those flavors of applesauce at home, or can you find them in your store? I have seen strawberry-flavored applesauce but blueberry applesauce would be amazing! I don't think my store carries much variety other than sweetened and unsweetened though. I guess I'll just have to find a recipe online! lol

Hi again,

I am in Canada, we might have different brands here. Mott's makes a number of unsweetened applesauces, IGA's home brand (Compliments) has a few as well, and we also very much like St-Mamet (a european brand), which is a bit harder to find. You have a lovely website!
  • sharonhite2012
    sharonhite2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eating4balance
    Options

Hi again,

I am in Canada, we might have different brands here. Mott's makes a number of unsweetened applesauces, IGA's home brand (Compliments) has a few as well, and we also very much like St-Mamet (a european brand), which is a bit harder to find. You have a lovely website!

Aww.. thanks! Normally I would have assumed that in the U.S. we would have more options, but I guess that is me just being ignorant! Lol, normally it seems like on these forums that people in different countries than the U.S. have a difficulty in finding certain foods. Now its the OTHER way around.

Sorry for my babbling, but in any case I will have to investigate into these applesauce flavors.

BYE AGAIN
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump