weekend of eating vs. weekend of running

Options
why is it that you can gain 5 lbs or so after a weekend of bad eating (holidays, etc.), but it seems if you spend a weekend eating right and running like 6 miles a day you can't lose 5 lbs in a weekend......(not really expecting a serious answer, this is just a rant....I know why, it just doesn't seem fair....)

Replies

• bmwillisbaw
    Options
    i know how you feel ill bust my diet on the weekend and spend all next week just getting back to the weight i was b4 last weekend
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I overheard a guy at a Chinese Buffet yesterday saying, "Took two months to lose five pounds... gonna take me one hour to put it back on." :laugh:
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The gains you see are likely only due to water retention from sodium intake, not real (fat) weight. I think I'd have a difficult time eating 18000 caloires, on a normal weekend.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    sigh...just know that the gain of 5 pounds from a weekend of bad eating is not actually 5 pounds of fat!!! Usually the pounds are back off in a day or so!
  • Salinat
    Salinat Posts: 36
    Options
    OMG...You feel my pain?????
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol, if the 5pounds I probably gained after my eating today was fat, I'd be in serious trouble, lol. water weight all the weigh:wink: (haha, get it?) anyway it does make your mind a bit screwy when the scale hates you, and yet you feel and look better. 1 day doesn't discount your entire week of hard work :)
  • rob_base
    rob_base Posts: 97
    Options
    ...deleted..
  • rob_base
    rob_base Posts: 97
    Options
    OMG...You feel my pain?????

....yes
  • RyanPerry2012
    RyanPerry2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I overheard a guy at a Chinese Buffet yesterday saying, "Took two months to lose five pounds... gonna take me one hour to put it back on." :laugh:
    What were you doing there? ;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Enjoying every mouthful. Three plates worth.
  • srogers01
    srogers01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What's worse is when you can lose weight after a weekend of eating but when you stay on track the scale doesn't move????
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Enjoying every mouthful. Three plates worth.

LOVE IT! Great response, funny anyway
  • Salinat
    Salinat Posts: 36
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7177822