Gained 10 lbs :(

Options
I feel absolutely TERRIBLE, I haven't been to the gym in a MONTH, been eating whatever I want, when I want. WTF is wrong with me? I weighed myself for the first time in over a month. The scale said 243.6. Exactly 10 lbs from when I weighed myself last. I even noticed my pants fitting smaller :( I feel like crap and I'm tired and feel bloated 24/7.

I'm Thinking about making a late night gym run tonight but I have a huge test tomorrow. I feel like it's just an excuse. Iv'e been making excuses all month and all my life. I think I'm gonna say Screw it, Ill just do it, cram more for my test when I get back. I need more support than ever right now. I never want to be 276 lbs ever again

Replies

• shelbyriker1
    Options
    YOU can do it! I also have been off my diet for about 2 months.. eating everything I want and not exercising! I'm terrible about giving excuses for not exercising! I saw your post and was like "Wow, I totally feel the same!" I don't know you, but I do have faith in you! I'm going to get back into my healthy mojo as well.. starting TODAY! :)
  • margerator
    Options
    Take it one day at a time being healthier, and soon you will make progress!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    you can do this! we all have rough times! <3
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    study NOW.
    go to the gym as soon as you can.

really..just go to the gym..get there. You'll feel better about yourself which will help with your test tomorrow!

good luck!!

You. Can. Do. This.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Great! Now you know what works and DOESN'T work! Get back to what works for you! By the way, there is nothing wrong with you! You are normal! I was sitting in my truck in the gym parking lot yesterday and almost never went in! We all have days like that!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You can do it! It is a setback, and I know you feel yucky, but you will feel better, if you start back up. Forget the gym, and just go for a walk. That might make you feel refreshed.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    As a student I know its hard to juggle working out and school. There are times when I feel like instead of spending an hour at the gym I should be studying, but you know what?! Going to the gym helps...it gives you more energy and is a great stress reliever. Make working out and getting healthier as big as a priority as studying. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Throw out all the "junk" that has been tempting you and start fresh...if you need to have one last indulgent meal do it and then get back on the wagon at the start of the week whether its Sunday or Monday.
  • Malrose01
    Malrose01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How strict is your diet usually? When I have been on super strict paleo-type diets, I screw up one time and throw the whole thing away. I'd break down and put a couple teaspoons of sugar in my tea, and beat myself up about it. Allow a little more wiggle room day to day, know that everything does not have to be perfect. Yeah, you gained ten lbs, but it'll come off easily. So just do it.
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    Can you study while you're there?
    For example, reading the notes as you run on the treadmill?
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It's okay, everyone slips up. Just take a deep breath and get back on the horse, as they say. :) Don't beat yourself up about it, that never helps.
  • Princessbrene
    Princessbrene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You will feel better if you go ahead and work-out. I had to remind myself of that when I was wanting to cut my walk/jog short this morning. I thought "no, I'm going to push on through it because if I don't, later on I will be wishing so much that I had and I'll be disappointed with myself again." I went ahead and made it through the 2.5 miles. You can do it girl... push on through! You're not back at square 1 and you don't want to be back at square 1. I'm rooting for you!
  • bb0322
    bb0322 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey girl, hope you did well on your exam!
    I'm a first year med student. I also gained 10 pounds from school. Stress, slowed metabolism from studying all day everyday, no time to cook or workout, wanting to eat snack food all the time, food and sleep have become the fun things in life.
    So I feel you. I can barely wear the cloths I had, and I go between feeling awful, and laughing at how ridiculous it is.
    But, I think what's important is that you (and I) realized what happened and 1: will stop eating whatever we want and stay ignorant, and 2: start the process of reversing the damage.
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys. I'm even more stressed now because I got a 72% on my test I studied so hard for :( This is crazy! My grade went down to a 79% Because I got a 78% on the first test. I don't know what's wrong with me. I never got C's before. I used to pull A's and B's...A 72 is definitely not acceptable. I haven't been taking my ADD meds because they have been on back order since NOVEMBER! Maybe that's why I'm seeing such a huge difference.

But anyway, Monday is the day I will go back on it. You guys are awesome. I could have never lost this weight in the first place if it wasn't for you guys!! I will weigh in every tuesday just like i used to. gonna need a lot of support and luck
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Just keep taking care of yourself. Don't worry too much, ok?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Calm down

Take a break

Continue your study
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I have felt that way before. Just keep chuggin, and never give up. Find yourself a gym buddy, or someone who wants to lose weight with you that way it keeps you motivated.
  • moo_imma_pig
    moo_imma_pig Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know your pain :o/ I tend to slack off and gain 10 lbs every winter!! But don't sweat it! You can lose it again. Just takes hard work and a good goal to keep you motivated! Best of luck to you hun. I have faith :flowerforyou: