100lbs to lose in Colorado Springs

Options
This is my first post even though I've been charting for a couple of weeks. I realize that I need some support as I try to lose this weight- Any takers?

A little bit about me: I've been overweight since childhood. I've lost and gained the weight too many times to count. I'm at 241 and my goal is 140. Although just getting below 200 at this point would be cause for celebration!

I wrote in my profile about how apparently I'm too small for gastric bypass. Ha. ha..That's still hilarious to me. But the meeting wasn't completely worthless; I met with a dietician who showed me that I was eating about 4000 calories a day! Shocking I know. (Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts coffee lovers, beware!)
So with that useful piece of information, I decided to eat sensibly, exercise more and here I am! Just looking for a few weightloss friends to talk with on this journey who are in the same boat as me! Just click on my profile so I can add you as a friend.

Replies

• Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    we have 100+ pounds to lose group. We began a challenge on 7/6 to lose 10 pounds by labor day. you are welcome to join us if you want. :flowerforyou:
  • proctorweightloss
    Options
    excellent! thanks for the info.
  • svenbys
    svenbys Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome, I'm so proud of you to start! YOu'll do great.
  • romero2006da
    romero2006da Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

I am also from Colorado, and think it would be great to keep eachother updated on our progress and motivation. I started last week at 239lbs worked my butt off all week and weighed in this morning and lost 9 lbs. I will add you as a friend so we could keep in touch and let eachother know how things are going.Good Luck:smile:
  • proctorweightloss
    Options
    That is an excellent idea. I need that kind of support and motivation.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • proctorweightloss
    Options
    Thanks for the greeting. I'm pretty stoked to be here. I love the support and the stories. I really appreciate the spirit of goodwill that everyone has.