Looking to buy a heart rate tracker/calorie tracker

Options
I don't want to spend too much but I don't want to spend too little that it's a piece of crap lol

Does this one look good to you guys?

http://www.modells.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12619698&page=2&s=D-StorePrice-MOD&cp=710956.851740

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'd get one with a chest strap if I were you. It'll be more accurate. I got a £12 one with a chest strap and it's great. You're better off getting something cheap with a strap than something more expensive without, imo.
  • HappyinSunnyColorado
    Options
    Without a chest strap to monitor your heart rate continuously, the calorie function will not be accurate. Plus, it is inconvenient to hold the sensors while working out. Get a Polar HRM - you will not regret it!
  • LizW1388
    LizW1388 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So any suggestions on products?
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others. The feature list for the price is great but you want more accuracy. There's already plenty of error built into the process. If you go Polar, the FT-4 covers the important stuff if you aren't like some kind of math nerd. It doesn't have the feature list of this other monitor but I doubt you'd need it. My friends all paid more than me for features they don't use.
  • MsJennie013
    Options
    Polar's FT7 is the most popular HRM on the market. I've had mine about two weeks and I love it. I did almost two months worth of research before I finally decided on this one. It's about $120USD but so very worth it. It comes with the watch and chest strap. By actually measuring your beats per minute, you've given the most accurate calories burned. This is my second post-reply today about this HRM. I'm in love with it that much. Also, polarpersonaltrainer.com allows you upload your training sessions to see exactly what's happening while you train. Coupled with iPhone apps like Nike+ and of course MFP, you can create a thorough profile of what's going on every day. All that info allows you to tweak your input/output to gain the best results for you.