Low Carb Lasagna! (Pasta Free)

Options
hopefloatsup
hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
I found this recipe and wasn't sure how it would go over. 2/3 of our kids like it. One doesn't like Zucchini, so it wasn't a big surprise. Anyway, it's Zucchini Lasagna. You replace the lasagna noodles with Slices of Zucchini.

Slice Zucchini the LONG way and put into boiling water JUST until tender. Take out and put on plate with paper towel. After that, you make the lasagna just as you would normally but in place of the noodles, you layer the zucchini. After your ricotta or cottage cheese mixture layers, put a good layer of panko bread crumbs on it. It will be a little more watery than regular lasagna so it helps soak it up a bit. I can't give you any nutritional info, as it will vary for everyone depending on the ingredients you use...plug in the ingredients for the recipe and it will calculate for you :-) I made my own sauce and I did an 8x8 pan. I cut it into 6 servings. Each serving was 228 calories. How can you pass that up! Just don't expect noodles....it's a big different, but SO delicious!

Full pan just out of oven -
431062_10150674978400219_507880218_11614449_1891451806_n.jpg

Part of a serving -
430272_10150674978615219_507880218_11614451_1838845440_n.jpg

Replies

• JackieAC1951
    JackieAC1951 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I season the zucchini slices with Italian seasonings and parmesan, and then I broil the slices until slightly browned on both sides. This process, although taking longer in constructing the recipe, helps with reducing the water in your dish after layering with your sauce of choice (mine is ground turkey and marinara sauce) and cottage cheese mixture (egg, garlic and parsley added). My family love this dish.
  • carlisle19
    carlisle19 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds great I will have to try this
  • RemDogzMa
    RemDogzMa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great recipe Hope! And thanks for the tips on it Jackie!

I'm gonna make this next week for sure!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing!
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this before but haven't tried it yet. Looks great & I love the idea of crisping it up first.
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I season the zucchini slices with Italian seasonings and parmesan, and then I broil the slices until slightly browned on both sides. This process, although taking longer in constructing the recipe, helps with reducing the water in your dish after layering with your sauce of choice (mine is ground turkey and marinara sauce) and cottage cheese mixture (egg, garlic and parsley added). My family love this dish.
    THANK YOU!!!! I was thinking I didn't add enough bread crumbs because it was so watery! Definitely going to broil it first and get it crispy :-)
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    This looks delicious!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Oh yum! I'm going to have to try this!