Think and Lose Program???

Options
Has anyone ever tried the Think and Lose Program? Just wondering if it works.

Replies

• Scottslass
    Scottslass Posts: 76
    Options
    What is the think and lose program???
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It is the one where you hypnotis (sp?) yourself into eating half of what you normally do by listening to certain CDs. It's supposed to take away the cravings and give you more will power...which is something that I really don't have at all:cry: It's by Don Mannarino.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't have faith in me trying to hypnotize myself. Sounds like a gimmick.....
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I do know that affirmations do work. You can download free podcasts with affirmations for losing weight into your Ipod. I do know that I was always overweight until I changed the mental image of myself of being overweight. You know, that little voice deep down inside you that says you can't do it and that deep mental image of you that says you will always be overweight. This is what kept me from making a permanent weight loss change until I fixed my internal image of myself to someone who is healthier, slimmer, with more energy, etc.

I found that I didn't have much will power before because deep down inside, my attitude was, "why bother trying, i will gain the weight back anyway!" Thoughts are powerful things. When you change your thoughts, your world changes...

Now, I am still working to lose th last 8 lbs but I feel like a completely different person. I know it will be a struggle to maintain at times, but I will have MFP to fall back on and I hope that this change will be a permanent one!

Good luck on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I really like Stin Hansen (mythoughtcoach(dot)com/) for the affirmations. You can get some of her stuff as free podcasts on iTunes. They have been a big help to me. When I find myself eating out of control I listen to a few of her meditations and it helps curb the binge.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I had a similar program back in the day that made the same type of claims- they were crap, and did nothing for weight loss. I wouldn't trust it.
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    self appreciation and affirmations definetly go a long way to help you get in the MIND FRAME to lose weight, but its not going to all of a sudden one day "get rid" of cravings and "melt off the pounds." I wouldn't count on it to reverse your habits FOR you.

What that kind of stuff is intended for is to help you change your thought process from
    see food/crave food/ eat food TO see food/THINK about my hunger or reasons for eating/ eat or dont eat. You train yourself to start putting thought into your actions instead of keeping the habits that are getting in the way of your weight loss goals.
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice.:flowerforyou:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Does this remind anyone else of that "think system" con on the movie, The Music Man? You know, the one where he took the money for the band instruments and uniforms and pretended he was teaching them how to play with imaginary horns and drums?