Feeling down

Options
I ate horribly allllll weekend. I don't even know what got into me. At least this reminded me how run down eating unhealthy makes your body feel. Either way feeling down on myself. Anybody else have a weekend like this? When you slip off the path or are feeling down, what helps keep you on track?

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    More like weeks. Feels so good to get back on track though.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it happens to us all from time to time. I find the best attitude is to get it in perspective; one bad weekend won't ruin everything. It's just a blip and you can carry on as usual tomorrow.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day! You will do great!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Learn from this time and plan for next time, other than that, just move on! You're doing wonderfully. Everyone has setbacks. Remember, a lapse is not a relapse! You have not ruined your progress in the least. Additionally, going over every once in a while keeps your metabolism functioning at its best. Don't worry!
  • steve915
    steve915 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing this weekend.. Once I get a taste of the foods that I shouldnt eat its over. My mind goes blank and I just go at it..I do have an edge that gets me back on track. I remember that we are having a weight loss contest at work, and I quickly gain my focus back when I think of possibly losing.. I

16326291.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • reechesser
    Options
    We all "fall off the wagon"! LOL Just remember that you are human and that you just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and hop back on that wagon tomorrow! When I screw up, it usually last at least a week not just the weekend! LOL You are doing a great job and deserve a reward every now and then!

Anna
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Ditto what the others have said. We all face these times once in a while. Probably good reinforcement that you'll feel not so great for a couple of days.
  • ckerrcanchaser
    Options
    I've done this before and I know the sucky feeling your mind feels + your body. I find that I'll allow myself to have one sweet a day, but it has to be smaller than my fist, so like a cookie. Since I have something sweet (or unhealthy) once a day, it helps me not to go overboard of the weekends or at a restaurant.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I had wonderful plans to do all kinds of GOOD activities.......and most of them didn't work out. Today, I just felt like a failure............hate that!!!
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    I did that the first weekend after joining MFP. Just remember we all slip once in a while. It's hard to watch others eat good food and not want to join in. Best idea I received was to plan ahead if you can. Eat something before temptation strikes and get back to your routine tomorrow. Everyone should have a cheat day once in a while. It'll help remind you why you are doing this.
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You know what I do? I eat and exercise Mon-Fri. Still exercie on the weekend, but give myself permission to eat what I wish. I don't go crazy, but enjoy a burger and fries out. Or some pizza. still controlled, but no regret. Come Monday, it's back to eating only what's good for me. I still lose 1.5-2 pounds a week. Don't beat yourself up, just get back up and look forward not back. You'll be okay. :drinker: