40 year old Male looking for friends to share the journey.

Options
The_Ub
The_Ub Posts: 7 Member
Lost 17 pounds in the last month and a half just by changing the way I eat. Online food trackers have been a big part of my success so far. I just signed up at a gym and my first day was yesterday. Going to the gym is gonna be the tough part. I'm looking for folks who can motivate me not only to go to the gym but to continue my healthy eating, and who I can in turn help to motivate. I am not on a diet! I am changing the way I eat for the long term. While I dont know if I want to live to 120, I certainly don't want to die at 50 lol.

Replies

• somerman
    somerman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in my forties and just started the program a week ago.

I, too, would like to get healthier. This is my second time in this type of a program, and now that there is the Internet and forums like theses to share and get feedback, I hope to succeed.

Good luck to you, and see you around the forums.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and also down 17 lbs so far. Best of luck with your journey. (friend request sent)
  • joannlynn12
    Options
    I'm a 40 year old female - I'll be your friend on this journey if you want...i'll add you now
  • mparsons2000
    Options
    I am a 43 year old male in a very similar situation. MFP has been a HUGE part of my recent success, nearly 30 pounds in about 7 weeks. The accountability of logging everything I eat is very motivating for me. I am looking also to add friends to further motivate me to continue down to my goal weight of 170. Please add me and I will add you...
  • Pedalist
    Pedalist Posts: 8
    Options
    35 year old guy from England here. I've just started here.

Feel free to add me.
  • redmichelle67
    redmichelle67 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I;ll add you to my friends ....
    8136776.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I will do my best to keep you motivated and eating healthy :)
  • mezzy11
    mezzy11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 39 yo female from Australia and have lost 16lbs so far with MFP. It's the best thing since sliced bread! Good luck on your journey and hope I can support you on the way. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • fangbanger87
    Options
    Hey everyone! 24-year-old female here! Nice to meet all of you! Feel free to add me and I'll do my best to support and motivate you all! I have trouble with my lack of motivation as well. School/student teaching keeps me busy most of the time, but I've finally decided to get back into the same shape I was in while I was in high school. Best of luck to you all! =)
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lost 17 pounds in the last month and a half just by changing the way I eat. Online food trackers have been a big part of my success so far. I just signed up at a gym and my first day was yesterday. Going to the gym is gonna be the tough part. I'm looking for folks who can motivate me not only to go to the gym but to continue my healthy eating, and who I can in turn help to motivate. I am not on a diet! I am changing the way I eat for the long term. While I dont know if I want to live to 120, I certainly don't want to die at 50 lol.

I'm curious to know if you think this is the best food tracker. I've only researched w2 so far and they are very different. I have likes and dislikes with each and well.... I would like to find one that has the best of both worlds LOL! Good luck to you for sure!

Ps. I'm new too ;)
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and also 17 lb down. Feel free to add me.
  • jacquelynkay
    jacquelynkay Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and looking for friends too.
  • Poppaof2
    Poppaof2 Posts: 2
    Options
    i,m 40 too and looking for friends havent figures everything out yet my tracker is off.i have been on a diet since mid nov and i have already lost 85 lbs
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nice weight loss! I'm 40, mom of 2. Feel free to add me too
  • Mackman99
    Mackman99 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    48 year old husband and father to four young children looking for friends for continued motivation and support.
  • stormfly
    stormfly Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am 48 but have lost just under 4kg (looking to loose about 8 or so all up), been here for about 1 1/2 months now. Feel a bit of a failure compared to all you guys, sounds like you are all doing really well with such big looses, this is my first diet think age is slowing down my metabolism (dam it) - Keep up the good work everyone. Feel free to add me as a friend (I am still trying to figure that one out).
    Cheers
  • reb6672
    reb6672 Posts: 21
    Options
    39 years old. I've been going at it now with the gym and eating healthier for about a year now. I've dropped a total of 85lbs so far, and I feel like I'm gaining more energy and motivation each day. Feel free to add me as a friend. Anyone else feel free as well.
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    26 year old female also looking for friends on here to motivate me and keep me on track as well as for me to motivate them and stick by their side through this journey to a healthier lifestyle.. Y'all feel free to add me and I'll do my best to help you!! :)
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    39 year old female looking for friends as well ...add me as a friend if you want!