HELP SLIP UP!!

Options
so yesterday was my sons 3rd bday and everyone was on me that i should enjoy myself and have pizza and cake and against my better judgement i listened~ im on a 1200 cal a day plus 30-60 minutes of exercise a day diet and i had 2 sliced of dominos canadian bacon pizza and a small piece of cake and now today i feel like my appitite is all messed up and i have been eating alot today like i already only have 480 cal left to my name till midnight!!! i feel like i have messed things up soo bad like i ruined the 14 lbs i had lost before this slip up!!!!

Replies

• LadySteele54
    Options
    ok i just looked i only have 420 to my name not 480
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    One day in the long run means nothing at all. It is OK and even recommended to go over about once a week to keep your metabolism on track. Learn from this time and plan for next time. Don't dwell, just move on!
  • kaaaaaaa
    kaaaaaaa Posts: 29
    Options
    I went WAY over my calories yesterday and I was freaking out, but people told me it's fine, and it's true that everyone has bad days. You can't do this and NEVER treat yourself. So say that was your treat for the month and just keep going how you were.. :) I don't think you'll gain any weight for messing up one day.
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Please don't beat yourself up about this. Everyone has cheat days now and again infact some of the threads here recommend you do spike your calories once in a while to keep ur metabolism guessing.

Think about how u would have ate stuff like that everyday before you started losing weight and just draw a line under it and start again. Tomorrow is another day.

Good luck
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This is the way you will eat the rest of your life, not a temporary diet. There is no rush.

You ate over your goal one day. That means you will reach your goal a day later. That means you will be on maintenance a day less. No biggie. To actually GAIN weight, you have to be massively over your goal. Put in your current data here to see what you are burning when you are in a plateau.
    http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
    You have to eat 3500 extra calories in addition to all that to gain one pound. A couple slices of bacon pizza aren't going to do it.

I also find I am hungrier the day after going over my goals. My stomach got used to having more in it, or whatever. So I don't panic that the next day I'm also a bit over. Within a few days I'm back on track and no longer feeling hungry.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Perspective.........life happens. it's not the end of the world. There are going to be occasions when you eat more than you planned. No big deal. Just forget it and continue on.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    One day is fine. I enjoyed my birthday yesterday with a few drinks. I feel that if you don't let yourself have a treat every once in a while that it will just lead to over eating in the future.
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Happens to all of us. Actually, mine lasted 7 weeks, and I gained back almost 8 hard lost pounds. But, I'm OVER it. Today is a new day. What a Blessing!

Just begin again, remember stuff happens, and keep going.
  • reechesser
    Options
    Hi! We all "fall off the wagon"! Believe me it will be ok. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over tomorrow. We are all human and far from perfect. We are here to support and help you anyway we can!!!!!!!

Anna
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    Yeah like everyone eles is saying, dont be too hard on yourself, im sure we all slip up occasionally. I know all those sort of foods are tempting and leave you wanting more of it, trick is to consume the healthy wholesome foods then youll be back on track.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,005 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 49,000 calories yesterday, you did not mess up the 14 pounds you've already lost.:noway: It is a lifestyle change. If you skipped brushing your teeth one day, would you stop brushing? Of course not. Same thing here. Go on from this point. Occasionally, you will have a feast and go over calories. The problem is feasting every day (or just eating high calorie junk that you don't even enjoy).

Good luck. You can do this.:smile:
  • zephyrionitis
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much. 420 calories is nothing. but seriously, don't worry about it. As a former anorexic, that how I slid down that unhealthy slope. First you fret about 420 calories, next thing you know you're starving yourself. Sit back and relax. You lost 14 pounds healthily already! Like others have said, it's not going to mess you up.