50lbs in 7 months...

Options
Though I've only been on this site for a very short time, I wanted to share my success to help others see that sites like this do work and through them and exercise it is possible to lose the weight. I'm sure my story is much like a lot of other peoples. I've pretty much been overweight my entire life. After losing my mother due to complication with diabetes at the age of 54, I decided it was time to change my life and chose a different life for myself. My journey started in August of 2011 at 291lbs. As of today I am 51lbs lighter and am so much happier, have so much more energy, and love myself so much more. Anyway Good Luck to everyone out there who is dedicating their life's to live it healthier!

Replies

• jkleeh
    jkleeh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how you did it? I need to lose 20lbs and I seem to lose the same 5 pounds and then gain it back. Or I start to make progress then mother nature hits and I bloat up or worse gain extra weight. I feel like I am fighting an up hill battle!
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! Congrats to you! You must feel amazing! I have 50 lbs to lose, well 47 & I want it gone by summer!!!
  • chaoticrose
    Options
    Can I ask how you did it? I need to lose 20lbs and I seem to lose the same 5 pounds and then gain it back. Or I start to make progress then mother nature hits and I bloat up or worse gain extra weight. I feel like I am fighting an up hill battle!

I work out on a minimum of 4 to 5x a week for 60 mins a day. I also watch my calories and what I'm eating. For some reason when mother nature makes her visits I don't bloat, but could be that you are eating too much sodium. Check your labels...I also drink a ton of water.... It definitely doesn't happen overnight, but it can be done. Good Luck to you!!!
  • chaoticrose
    Options
    That is incredible! Congrats to you! You must feel amazing! I have 50 lbs to lose, well 47 & I want it gone by summer!!!

Thank you...I did post this again, not being able to figure out how to post pictures so there is another with pics if you'd like to see the difference. I wish you luck on your journey as well!!! It's well worth the time and effort!
  • tpot74
    tpot74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Same here..recycling the same 5-10 lbs
  • Dodie42
    Dodie42 Posts: 1
    Options
    Really liked this, I have trouble with working out, I have back trouble, its hard for me to walk, or go on treadmill'

I am doing a calorie count on paper this should help.
  • chaoticrose
    Options
    Same here..recycling the same 5-10 lbs

I do that a lot honestly. I will gain and lose the same 3-5lbs I've just lost for a week. At that point I look at what I'm eating and I change up my exercise routine, either giving myself a break and walking the 60 mins, or I will increase my jogging intervals to work my body harder. Usually one or both will do the trick and I'll lose the lbs I've been playing with an a couple of extra's. Good Luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!