To muscular ladies here...

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
I want thick muscular thighs and a bubble butt
cut arms and abs

Soooooo how did YOU get it?

How long do you workout every day and what exercises do you do? Your routine.
Also, do you eat a lot of protein to build the muscle or anything like that?

Replies

• Motivation4KB
    Motivation4KB Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I talked to a friends trainer and she said the only way you can build your booty and thighs is squats, lunges and kick backs... You have to build muscles before your body will start going into shape like you want.. I do 2 sets of 50 reps on squats with weights , lunges i do my best since i am a big girl and kick backs however many you want to do.. so alot of weights when building muscle.. and yes protein is really good for you.. wish you the best of luck.. but my idea may not work for you .. it all depends on your body.. add me if you like ..

Krystle
  • stylin
    stylin Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    2 sets of 50 reps? You aren't using enough weight. Personally I hate lunges so I never do them. Deep squats, step ups, deadlifts, and plie squats are my staple leg exercises. I strive for about 8 reps per set (HEAVY!)

Krystle is right that it does depend on your body. Some girls will never get thick thighs and a bubble butt, some will never be able to get rid of thick thighs!
  • Motivation4KB
    Motivation4KB Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    2 sets of 50 reps? You aren't using enough weight. Personally I hate lunges so I never do them. Deep squats, step ups, deadlifts, and plie squats are my staple leg exercises. I strive for about 8 reps per set (HEAVY!)

Krystle is right that it does depend on your body. Some girls will never get thick thighs and a bubble butt, some will never be able to get rid of thick thighs!

I do 2 sets of 50 .. and I'm using 30lbs of weights when I'm doing my squats when Im using weights.. If i do no weights I just do regular squats..
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Work out and your body will find its own shape.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Yea 2 sets of 50 isn't good advice.

6-8 reps and that last rep should be a struggle. Squats, BB lunges, deadlift, etc

No need to lift everyday either - make sure not to overtrain! I only do lower body 2 times a week

And yes get your protein.
    1g of pro per lb of lean body mass
    .35x body weight for g of fat
    fill the rest in with what you like
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    cut arms and abs

Heavy on All - Squats, Dead Lifts, Stiff leg dead lifts, Bench Press, Military Press, Bent Over Rows
    Moderate Caloric Deficit
    Cardio on non-lift days
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend recently mentioned my bum was looking firmer.. this is a few weeks after I'd started Jillian Michael's Killer Buns & Thighs. It's rough but sooo worth it :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    How far are you from your goal weight?

New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women is a great read, but I'm not a huge fan of the routine. I've heard good things about Starting Strength. I just started Strong Lifts 5 x 5.

Basically find a good program, (I wouldn't make your own if you are a beginner) eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. Lift 3-5 times a week for 30min-60min. A good program will have you lifting 3 to 5 sets of 4 to 12 reps. Big compound movements are key (squats, bench, deadlifts). You can follow with isolation lifts but those aren't really needed, especially for beginners. If you are far from your goal eat at a small to moderate calorie deficit (300-500). If you are at your goal you might want to think about going on a bulking cycle where you eat above your TDEE.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    At this stage, I'm pretty solid though not as cut as I plan to be this time next year. I squat 3x a week with low bar squats. My reps go to 5. I up my weight every workout or at least every week. I spend my energy on compound movements over accessory (bodypart) work. Compound movements = squats (of course), deadlifts, rows, press (overhead press and bench). When I have time, I try to do a pull up or do some dips. I do intervals on cardio machines or run/walks on days when I don't lift. Sundays I rest.

I eat at least 100 gms of protein a day. I am not afraid of fat or carbs...though tastebud-wise I have more of a fat-tooth than a carb-tooth, that's for sure. Also, I eat. If I net 1800 or so that is a low calorie day for me. I'm 5'2''.
  • jjatk33
    jjatk33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As a trainer I have to agree do moderately heavy weight focusing on squats, lunges, but don't forget about the back of your legs many hamstring exercise also incorporate your "butt muscles" so add some Laying leg curls, strait leg dead lifts and Good old fashion dead lifts (make sure to use proper form) a great read is David Kirsch's Butt Book.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options

^^^ THis is correct, reps of 6-8, 3 sets (should do some weight that works out to ( 8 7 6 per rep at maximum effort--ie, you just can't do no more, but be careful, squats + failure can easily equal injury. Once you can do 8 8 8, up the weight by 5-10%). That's how you build muscle mass.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    cut arms and abs

Heavy on All - Squats, Dead Lifts, Stiff leg dead lifts, Bench Press, Military Press, Bent Over Rows
    Moderate Caloric Deficit
    Cardio on non-lift days
    The only issue with this is that you will not gain the muscle on a caloric deficit. You need a caloric surplus to gain muscle.
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    cut arms and abs

To all the men who responded, please send me pics of your muscular thighs. That is all.

:laugh:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    cut arms and abs

To all the men who responded, please send me pics of your muscular thighs. That is all.

:laugh:

Why are you laughing? Men w/ muscular thighs are HAWT. Men with skinny thighs and a built upper body look funny.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    How long do you workout every day and what exercises do you do? Your routine.
    Also, do you eat a lot of protein to build the muscle or anything like that?

I do 3 non consecutive days of total body workouts, 45-50 min a session, mostly the exercises that have already been mentioned - squats, lunges, deadlifts, 1 leg RDL's, that torturous hamstring device (Russian hamstring curl), step ups, bench press, rows, lat pulldowns, push ups. This is some of what I do and I am pleased with the results so far :bigsmile:

Also what's already been said about the protein...very important! And eat enough calories!

Good luck with your goals :flowerforyou:
  • kaiser90
    kaiser90 Posts: 29
    Options
    looking or feeling..sorry had to say it :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!