Who encourages you?

Options
I joined MFP yesterday. I have been working on weight loss for about 6 weeks and I have lost about 10 pounds so far.

Today, my husband told me that he could tell that I have lost weight. I know I have a long journey to go, but it is nice to feel successful from the start.

Replies

• gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    My whole family is doing this together, five of us in all. So luckily that makes a wonderful support group.

I've also been part of an amazing group challenge here on MFP that really got me going.
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    My husband encourages me. He is amazing and wonderful and my best friend! He has seen me at my worst and he never fails to stand behind me and tell me I can do it! He has even joined the gym with me and we have been working out together and eating better together. He is awesome!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    My friends here on MFP are very encouraging. My family is awesome too! How bout you?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    My friends on MFP, my grandma and classmates/teachers at school are all great.

My "real" friends and family don't really ecourage me at all :/
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My Hubby is also on MFP, and has lost a bunch of weight so far.

He helps me with meal planning, cooking, he packs my healthy lunches for me, and yells out stuff for me while I'm logging it.... he even weighs things!

I also have great friends on here, who cheer me on.
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    My number 1 support is my 2 year old son. When I'm doing my workout DVDs at home my son always saids to me "Good Job Mommy" or "Work mommy work". He even tries to do the workout moves with me then states after 10 seconds "I need a break mommy"..I love him!

Next is my MFP friends and of course myself!
  • emfilomena
    emfilomena Posts: 120
    Options
    Besides the people on MFP, no one else really encourages me. My older sister is actually rude to me about my weight loss, calling me disgustingly skinny and such. Oh well, I'm not doing this for them- I'm doing it for me!! :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    friends, family, doctor all telling me "no you are too fat/heavy to jog" when I started @ 400+ lbs.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My fiance is great, I have a friend who's also working on getting healthier, and I've just started to find friends on MFP.

My fiance was a professional ballet dancer as his first career so he's working on getting back down to somewhere near his performance weight. He's good at encouragement without guilt and it helps to have both of us eating better because it reduces temptation. My friend has been taking martial arts classes for a few months now and he has dropped quite a bit of weight. We have about the same amount to lose so there's a bit of friendly competition there. I hope to find more encouraging friends here on MFP, I could use all of the help I can get!
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just the few people here that are actually genuine and on a hair site I belong too..I don't know enough people in the real world to get encouragement from them..Im a tad bit jealous of you all with spouses,if I were married I would want to knock their socks and tie off and that would be my drive.
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    my 80-yr old mom...it's a mixture of encouragement and expectation.
    I'm the eldest and so was she and that is its own dynamic...thank goodness our relationship is so exceptional.
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    friends, family, doctor all telling me "no you are too fat/heavy to jog" when I started @ 400+ lbs.
    good for you for sticking with it..... that is true determination
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    People here on MFP, people at the gym, my trainer, friends at work and church, and hubby.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Friends, Family, and more importantly the progress I make week to week and month to month. There's nothing more encouring to me than seeing a loss on the scale or being able to run faster.
  • val_140
    val_140 Posts: 75
    Options
    My hubbers. He's the best! I could not, would not have done this without him. I constantly remember that he is the man that has loved me through the whole journey. & I could not have asked for a better "supporter."
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My husband does...when he's not being a Drill Sargent and grumbling at me because I didn't exercise as long as he did...heheh

Those on here and my friends that are well aware of what I'm doing and my family but they don't live here so they don't see the results often.
  • val_140
    val_140 Posts: 75
    Options
    My number 1 support is my 2 year old son. When I'm doing my workout DVDs at home my son always saids to me "Good Job Mommy" or "Work mommy work". He even tries to do the workout moves with me then states after 10 seconds "I need a break mommy"..I love him!

Next is my MFP friends and of course myself!

So stinking adorable. My 3 year old does that too. He says "Mommy it's time for our exercise now" and he does his tiny pushups. He looks like such a cute-y!!
    So glad you have that wonderful motivation!!
  • p_barron
    p_barron Posts: 63
    Options
    My husband is not on MFP but he has started to weigh everything out for me and will cook healthy dinners and make healthy lunches for me. My son who is not even two tries to work out with me and yells at me to "GO! GO! GO!" and " Do it!" and all my awesome friends on here.
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My ventral striatum. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120222133431.htm

MFP helps, but kind of...after the fact? I know you're all there in spirit when I'm swearing under my breath during interval training, but MFP doesn't get me out of bed in the morning or that extra 5 minutes on high on the treadmill.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends on MFP, my hubby and my children.