100+ to lose at 24. Who's with me??

Options
Today is Day 1 of project "ME!". I have been struggling with my weight my entire life, and approaching my 24th birthday, I'm over it. I usually never talk to anyone about my weight, or weight loss, so I am looking for a support system who understands where I'm coming from.
Feel free to add me, as I believe I have my head in the right place finally, and am ready to work on myself emotionally and physically, especially with other people!

Replies

• kleighsamboer
    Options
    Hi! Glad you're here. Feel free to add me :)
  • Marco58
    Marco58 Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me up too!
  • fangbanger87
    Options
    Hey! I'm 24 also and looking to lose 100+pounds! Feel free to add me if you like! Nice to meet you and best of luck! =)
  • kimmieey
    kimmieey Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm right there with you! This is a great support system for anyone who is determined. I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey!!!
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 in August, have 100+ to lose :)
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You seem to have it all on lock down, but here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.

Remember, in life you can choose to be the thermometer or the thermostat, You can choose to be a victim of your environment, or you can choose to control it.

I won't say good luck because I don't think that has anything to do with it! :)
  • dmwoosei
    dmwoosei Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started this week and 100+ to lose too.......I am totally scared but I am really liking this site and feel that it's pretty simple. I don't know what "adding people" is, though, can someone explain??

Best of luck to you....and me and everyone else for that matter!
  • djlevron
    djlevron Posts: 20
    Options
    You can definitively do it!! I am 44 and have 65 more pounds to lose, I have lost 15 pounds so far. You are in the place to be . I love this site!!! Feel free to add me.
  • tuck1jl
    tuck1jl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have also been over weight my whole life. I have 100+ lbs to lose and I am only 27. feel free to add me! We all need support from people who understand & know how it feels to struggle with being overweight. This site has an amazing community of people who really care.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    21 here looking to lose 100+ but have lost 80, feel free to add me.
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    23, with about 140 lbs to lose :) Feel free to add me!!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Im a little older at 27 but wanting to lose about 115 more lb. Anyone add me :)
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I only have about 40lbs (maybe more) to lose, but feel free to add me.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    You seem to have it all on lock down, but here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.

Honestly I would stay away from some of the message boards lol they get very petty and childish and there's quite a bit of drama on some of them. But if you stay with the Introductions and Success Stories you'll be fine. I have 150+ to lose feel free to add me! Oh and I am 24 too.
  • nihummel
    nihummel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    25 and started with over 100 pounds to lose. I have been at this for just 4 months and have lost 42 pounds already. I'm almost to my halfway point and find it crucial to have guidance and support all the way through! I'll send you a request!
  • LovelyDayDay
    LovelyDayDay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im 25 and have to drop half my body weight!! =( terrible. Ive been on this site 2 days and i find myself on it more then freakin facebook.=)

feel free to add me. ive been adding people who say they need to shed 100+ plus. I just think it helps a bit more.
  • mrsvampette
    mrsvampette Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm 24 and have 109 or so more pounds to lose. Feel free to add me. Anyone can add me I'm always up for new friends and people to motivate.
  • fangbanger87
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am also 24 and looking to lose around 100 lbs! I sometimes lack motivation but hope to be able to stick with it this time. Nice to meet you all! Feel free to add me!
  • glam31
    glam31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • Bullstone08
    Bullstone08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Right here with you. I started at 402 lbs and am looking to eventually drop about 180-192 of it. I've already lost about 60 of it. I'm 24 as well. So I'm right there with you