HOW TO GET YOUR HAIR TO GROW FAST?

Options
HEY EVERYBODY I'M IN THE ICKY STAGE OF MY HAIR, ITS ABOUT AT MY SHOULDERS AND I AM TRYING TO LET IT GROW LONG, BUT IM SO IMPATIENT.

DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET IT TO GROW FASTER???

Replies

• Fififantastic
    Options
    My sister used to put a few drops of pure rosemary oil in her conditioner and she swore that this was why her hair was so long, thick and lovely.
  • FitKate
    FitKate Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    After I had my little one I was having problems with my hair falling out. I started taking Biotin 5000 mcg a day and it has really helped. My hair is now shiny and has grown faster then it ever has before. You can get it a health food stores or even places like Walmart.
  • hudnharsmom
    hudnharsmom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    prenatal vitamins lots of good stuff in them for your body they will make your hair and nails grow
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Love you Lex!!! :) Bump!!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    prenatal vitamins lots of good stuff in them for your body they will make your hair and nails grow

I don't think that would work for me... :laugh:
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    for me lots of protein and healthy fats! also take a vitamin and stop stressing yourself out. my hair grows so much faster when i dont have a boyfriend hahaha ;D
  • kris523sydney
    Options
    prenatal vitamins!
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lucyxmia
    lucyxmia Posts: 1
    Options
    [/quote]

It would, but your friends & family would be very confused to see you take them
  • bunnzye2
    bunnzye2 Posts: 56
    Options
    Futurebiotics vitamins/minerals for hair skin and nails (has biotin in it). These are a full body vitamin mineral supplement. If you choose to take them, add about 700 MSM a day also. Otherwise, someone suggested a certain does of biotin if you want to just use biotin.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

They are just vitamins, no hormones. There's nothing in there that wouldn't also be healthy for a man.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This may sound crazy- but I swear my hair grows faster when I am colder...(as a woman- I shave about 2 times a week in the winter, but now that I lost weight and I am colder from less body fat- I find I could shave more frequently) I also take fish oil capsules to help with prevention of joint pain - I was told that it may help with hair growth and the follicles- don't know if this is true though.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm. the average person's hair grows 6 inches in a year. I do not think you can really make it grow faster. The best you can do is take care of it so it doesn't break off or become too damaged:

1. avoid heat styling to the extent possible
    2. braid NOT ponytail for sleeping (ponies can cause breakage at the front hairline and at the point where the elastic is, plus damage when you pull them out.
    3. never force an elastic up by separating pony and pulling.
    4. search and destroy split ends (tiny trimmers).
    5. don't bleach, perm, straighten, chemically process
    6. no extensions
    7. be gentle when wet -- don't rip a brush through; start at the bottom and work up carefully, preferably with a comb (personally, I have too much hair for a comb, but this is what the "experts" tell you).

It's hard to wait, but, that's about all you can do.

blessings.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fish Oil and Biotin. They have worked great for me.
  • GPMiranda
    Options
    A warm oil scalp massage. A scalp massage will boost blood circulation, making your hair grow faster and stronger. I recommend using coconut, jojoba or almond oil. These oils in particular are great for your hair and skin.
  • mcorange01
    mcorange01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Biotin. Vitamin for hair and nails
  • ericagoms
    ericagoms Posts: 11
    Options
    Olive oil and banana blend, put all over your head then add hot towel. Leave on a few minutes then wash as normal.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have egg whites for breakfast and started using the yolks as a hair treatment (4 yolks- 1- every 2weeks) that made my hair really healthy and shinny (NOT GREASY). It's supposed to be really good for your scalp too. Also recommend prenatal and Biotin vitamins.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Don't wash it and don't straighten/blow dry/curl/anything that can cause heat damage to your hair. It might sound gross but seriously wash it as least often as you can.