totally blew it today :/

Options
I went to the gym had an awesome burn. then ate away in cookies and ice cream and tacos. what a horrible/ stupid thing......blah. Guess I'll be working extra hard tomorrow morning!

Replies

• liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    exactly =) but still mad at myself. Just something to remember for next time when I start thinking about eating everything in site haha
  • annissa19
    annissa19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It happens and tomorrow is a new day :-) Don't beat yourself up about one day!!!!
  • visions845
    Options
    listen don't be so hard on yourself...learn from today, tomorrow you will be a bit strong willed not to fall into temptation (maybe a tiny one, but not like today)

(hugs) it will be ok....

P.s...standup

jog in place (duration of a commercial length)
    jumping jacks (duration of a commercial length)
    stretch (duration of a commercial length)

now this is your punishment from me :-P (j/k)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday. Ended up eating 2900 calories :( But today I got back on the horse and made sure to keep my mind focused on what's important to me v. the short term satisfaction of stuffing my face!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    This is a process. Don't beat yourself up, nothing good comes of it. Focus on every tiny success instead. Like, "Yay, Me, I went to the gym!"

........and can I just say.......cookies......sigh.........:ohwell:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    {insert comment about how trying to overdo it in exercise the next day isn't the best choice} {insert more advice about how you shouldn't beat yourself up} {insert even more sound advice that one day doesn't define your entire weight loss process}

*leaves room*
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    {insert comment about how trying to overdo it in exercise the nest day isn't the best choice} {insert more advice about how you shouldn't beat yourself up} {insert even more sound advice that one day doesn't define your entire weight loss process}

*leaves room*

that totally just made me literally LOL. So thanks for that =)
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Remember, path of weight loss is never linear. It's about the general direction. Results are just a cummulation of moments--how you spend your "nows." That being said, one moment can't change the general direction. :)
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i totally did the same thing today too.....over almost 300 cals......but like everyone else here is saying....tmrw is another day....
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options

Loved that!!! Everyone should read that. Thanks for sharing =)
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Remember, path of weight loss is never linear. It's about the general direction. Results are just a cummulation of moments--how you spend your "nows." That being said, one moment can't change the general direction. :)

totally LOVE IT....
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time...tomorrow is another day and you can start fresh! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    as an alternative view, pyscological in nature, do you know why you worked out and had cookies and stuff? Like did you feel you had a calorie surplus? or was there a stress factor involved? or are you nearing a milestone and perhaps you are self sabotaging?

No accusing, just asking different questions than most.
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    I'm sorry today was a bad day for you! Just remember you're only human and your bound to have those days! Dont stress over it..tomorrow will be better :)
  • denveralexis
    denveralexis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't worry tomorrow is a new day, just remember how it made you feel this time and you'll have more motivation to stay away next time!
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    I was just completely CRAVING chocolate. I had such an urge and had extreme munchies. :( I need to buy some healthy snacks.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    remember today and don't do it again. use it for motivation. tomorrow will be a better day!
  • OhShesaPistol
    OhShesaPistol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TACOS SO MUCH but in subsitute:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=681632

and it's still so yummy! sorry to hear about today, keep going though!