How do you eat your guacamole?

Options
I am craving guacamole by the truckloads! I'm not wanting to spend loads of cals on chips or tortillas and I am bored of mushrooms. Looking for new ideas. And......GO!

Replies

• kleighsamboer
    Options
    I put it in a salad. guac, salsa, romaine, corn, sometimes extra tomatoes. tastes awesome!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Guacamole as a veggie dip (cucumbers)

Guacamole as a salad dressing

Guacamole in place of mayo in a sandwich/ hamburger

Guacamole on flatbread or veggie chips

Oil free, microwaved potato chips with guacamole

Guacamole shrimp cocktails

Guacamole and white fish as an entree
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    with a spoon!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I make my own chips with Mission extra thin corn tortillas or Joseph's flax pitas. The Mission is 80 calories for 2 and you get 8 chips from each. The Joseph's is 80 cals for 1 but they are 2 layers so you still end up with 16 chips.

Otherwise I use Jicama, carrot chips and bell peppers. But usually the homemade chips. Just makes it better.
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Eat it with veggies. I'd say it would go best with bell peppers, especially red, or tomatoes. One of my favorites is to use it in place of any other condiments on a turkey sandwich. It just as a fresh creaminess to the sandwich.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    on rice and beans and salad.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I've done the salsa/chips thing, and instead of carting out the guac, I've taken a spoonful of the avocado and mixed it in with my salsa until it almost became a creamy consistency. Tasty, fewer calories, still has the avocado. Yeah.
  • cm4508
    cm4508 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of guac live at Chevy's and OTB. I use to eat so many chips plus, but now: I just mix my guac with salsa and pour it over top of lettuce. I limit myself to (2) chips :(

I use the lettuce as my chips now!