Alcoholic Drinks...

Options
tlaker
tlaker Posts: 82 Member
I go out every few weeks with friends and prefer liquor drinks from time to time if i dont want budlight. What is the lower calorie option to order from the bar??

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Vodka with a non-sugary mix is usually the best. Otherwise, consider red wine. It has health benefits that offset the calories (for the first two drinks).
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Yeah, vodka with soda or diet coke is best!
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I enjoy some vodka with a low-calorie mixer. I cannot drink red wine because no matter how little I have, it gives me a horrendous headache. White wine does not do that to me...
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yup, vodka w/club soda since the soda has zero calories!
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Do be careful when drinking alcohol. Make sure you eat before. When people are dieting or in a calorie deficit, blood sugar levels tend to be on the lower side and alcohol can lower your blood sugar even more. Don't wanna bonk yourself! Just my 2 cents
  • onefourone
    onefourone Posts: 212
    Options
    vodka martini
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ice water? :-)
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet Coke :)
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    Rum with diet dr pepper cherry, or cherry vodka with sugar fee red bull. yum.
  • tlaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! and Good tip @harebearva ....I'll keep that in mind!!
  • tlaker
    Options
    Rum with diet dr pepper cherry, or cherry vodka with sugar fee red bull. yum.

ok...now were talking! this sounds GOOD!
  • boinkers
    boinkers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've found that I really dislike mixed drinks made with diet soda, so I go for a rum collins. It's more calories than rum and diet coke, but I can stomach it!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    a lot of eateries with bars, like applebees, offer "skinny" drinks which are under 100 calories. otherwise, liquor on the rocks, with diet soda, or a splash of juice. i like to have a bourbon double with diet cola in one hand and a glass of ice water in the other, to keep my calories low, more money in my wallet, but still have fun.
  • andreakowalchuk
    Options
    Spiced Rum and Water is actually really good or with club soda
  • myers0machine
    Options
    anythink straight up really the calories manly cum from all the coke n sodas stick with vodka, rum, tequila, gin, bourbon, whiskey
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic with a slice of lime is always good. Low sugar tonic if possible.
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    Rum and Diet Coke :)

I do rum with cherry Coke Zero with a half a lime squeezed in. It's just about my favorite drink.

The second runner up is the diamond chocolate martini. But at ~400 cals, that's just going to have to be one of those guilty pleasures I indulge in from time to time.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    One other perspective on this. This recent article does make a valid case for not even drinking alcohol. It it titled "Smoking, drinking teens are the unhappiest of all.... and fruit and veg is the secret to a good life" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2109572/Smoking-drinking-teens-unhappiest---fruit-veg-secret-good-life.html
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    One other perspective on this. This recent article does make a valid case for not even drinking alcohol. It it titled "Smoking, drinking teens are the unhappiest of all.... and fruit and veg is the secret to a good life" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2109572/Smoking-drinking-teens-unhappiest---fruit-veg-secret-good-life.html

thank you for posting this, and here I thought there were no negatives to drinking and smoking. what an eye opener :facepalm: