Replies

• determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    SW: 210
    CW: 163
    GW: 145
    I too am about 5'5"
    I should be at my goal in early May hopefully sooner.
    I started on MFP on September 5, 2011 in 3 days it will 6 months, my how time flies. I have over 500 miles on my walking shoes and really should get a new pair. Telling myself to get off the couch and do this for ME is a big help., seeing results doesn't hurt either!!! You can do this all you have to do is WANT it and it WILL happen. Feel free to add me as a friend that goes for anyone.
  • kyhall4
    kyhall4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I weighed about 195 and got down to 139!!!! I stayed at 139 for about a year and then eventually pounds started to add on. I gained about 60 pounds in the last 4 years. I'm at 200 now and trying to lose 30 pounds!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I started at 205lbs and I'm currently 131... 125(ish) is my goal :wink:
  • Mom_4_More_Muscles
    Options
    My highest weight was 225 when I had my twins. But prior to that, while I was in college, I went from 122 lbs when I started as a freshman to a size 22W. :sad: I had stopped weighing myself by then. I have no clue what the highest weight, then, was. I was too afraid to find out....:noway:

But with the birth of my twins, who are now 17, I've worked, sweat, lifted, divorced, and renewed myself to 117 pounds (as of last Sat. I weigh once a week) I have uploaded pictures on my page just to show it IS possible. It was a lot of little simple changes. I say SIMPLE.....but not easy, at times. :mad: I wanted it all gone immediately. The truth of it was....I didn't put it all on at once and I sure as H&^% wasn't going to take it off all at once.

If I can do it, you can, too!! It's in the attitude.....to take good care of yourself. Feeding myself because I was sad, lonely, angry, or afraid whatever only ended up hurting me. No one else put on the pounds. No one else really worried that THEY would put on my weight. I was the one who was abusing myself. :frown:

We don't have to do that anymore. We all have a choice!! I believe in you. I believe we all can get healthy! I make that commitment every day. You can too!!:happy:

:flowerforyou: Good luck! Be Inspired!! It's ALL in the Attitude!! :heart:
  • lunalulu2
    lunalulu2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'7" and started at 210lbs in September of 2010 and hit my goal of 130 in November of 2011. I have been maintaining between 128-130lbs since then. I still do not know how to post pics on here but there are some on my profile that show before, during and after that you can check out. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to help you meet your goal.

Good luck! You can do it!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Give me two more months and i will be at 140 down from 209...I'll post pics then :) If you would like motivational support in the interim feel free to add me. I'm currently at 160lbs, Katie

I'm 10 pounds to 160 right now...what size are you wearing?
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i started on mfp at 240 and as of this morning i am 174 :) only 34lbs to go
  • lomajess
    lomajess Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    5'5

sw 198
    cw 195
    goal 130-140

I just started too :D we can do it
  • jacquel13
    jacquel13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started at 207 after having my 5th child in 8 years. Now I'm down to around 190. I'm 5'5.5" (love counting that half inch!) My pre-pregnancy weight was around 185 and my baby is almost 3 months now.

I would LOVE to get to 145 by her first birthday this time around. Previously, I've settled in around 180 and then given up when I got pregnant again. Argh! Not to mention that breastfeeding makes me soooooo hungry, and I don't lose weight while nursing unless I am super strict about my calorie intake. But I'm really working hard now to reach my goal.

Please add me if you like (and anyone else reading!) Can't wait to post success pics!

Jackie
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I started at 210lbs. Im currently 178lbs with a goal of 150lbs.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Wow...it is so encouraging to read everyone's success stories. I keep telling myself, "it can be done. There are other people who are exactly like me and are losing weight"!

My heaviest weight was 208. As a result of years of struggling with endometriosis. And the horrid hormone medications I needed to be on.

My starting weight was 201.
    I am now 177. I weigh-in tomorrow morning. I have been good so I should of lost something this last 2 weeks.
    My goal weight is 150.

I am trying to be mindful, measured, and successful.
  • cawleen
    cawleen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.5". Three weeks ago I weighed in at 217lbs. Today I weigh 202.5lbs. I thought this weight was an impossibility. I have suffered from an eating disorder for many years, and spent many months on different occasions in the hospital. It seems so ironic to me to spin from one extreme to the other. The doctor started me on medication which causes extreme weight gain. He has taken me off of it finally, because he says ethically he cant keep me on this medication when it causes such significant side effects. It isn't all the medication. If it was, I believe the weight would be falling off of me. This is a real struggle. I'm going on a 2 week cruise this month. I have no idea how to keep on track with all of the amazing food surrounding me. Cruises are known for their beautiful and abundant food. Any encouragement would be appreciated. :) Oh yes, my goal weight is 120lbs.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    Starting weight = 230
    Current weight = 216
    Goal weight = 120
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I started January '11 at 204 and I've been around 155 for the last 4 or 5 months.
    I'm pretty happy at this weight, I wouldn't mind losing a bit more, but my focus now is really getting into good habits so I don't put weight back on again, plus I've started strength training because I want to get stronger and faster this year.

You can see before/after pics on my profile.

Well done for accepting a slow weight loss - I'm convinced th it's the best way to go. If you don't make gradual changes that you can keep up for ever, you're just setting yourself up for failure in the long run (and I've been there before!)
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6". Weighed 205 in April 2011. Now, I weigh 161. Almost to 365 days logged!
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i am 5' 9.5", starting weight was 260 pounds and am currently 184 pounds (13 months later) my goal weight is about 170 pounds w/ muscles :) ( hopefully by May19th)
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I started out at 202 after a really stressful year...before that, I'd mostly fluctuated between 170 and 185. In November of 2011, I finally started working out and eating well, and so far I've lost twenty pounds. My goal weight is 130, which is on the low end for a large frame, but I think it will work. I hope to reach my ugw by November of this year, along with some help from the HCG diet, which I'm starting in June.
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Started 204 pds and 61 days later I'm now 181. My goal weight is 135pds (maybe less once I see how I look). Still have a ways to go but want to share. Best of luck on your weight lost journey!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    SW 252
    CW 170
    GW 152 - so less than 20 pounds from my goal :-)
  • Lyndzer
    Lyndzer Posts: 41
    Options
    I am also 5'5''

I started at 214 and I lost about 10 lbs so far, but the scale isnt showing much difference for me Im doing JM 30 ds so Im still losing inches ( I hope!) haha I havent weighed in or measured in awhile.

Im on level 2 I was shooting for 130 lbs, but since I started doing some strength I think I will go for about 140.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!