Nuts and Berries Smoothie (tonight's creation)

Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
I was craving something sweet tonight. Had a few calories to eat and could've used some more protein, and this is what came out of it. I'm going to try for lower carbs next time, but I was working with what I had in the kitchen. :flowerforyou:

Not too shabby, and tastes kind of like yogurt.....odd but delicious.

IMG_2029.jpg

Throw all ingredients in a blender or big cup if you use a blender wand thingy like me...

1 cup frozen fruit (I do half dole-strawberry,peaches,banana, and half great value-mixed berries)
1/2 banana (I just did that because I had one getting old...you can add or take out fruit depending on how thick you want it)
1/2 tbsp - Natural Almond butter
1/4 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup fruit juice
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk unsweetened

Here's the brands and nutritional info I got....you can reduce carbs or up the protein depending on your products and substituting more of x or less of y. With the following ingredients, it also had 10g of fiber and 110mg of sodium.

smoothie-1.jpg

Happy & Healthy xoxo

Replies

• RachVR6
    Options
    Maybe I posted this too late last night.... :laugh:
  • taylorlw20
    taylorlw20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, I found it looking through pages of recipes and I think this looks delicious! I needed new filling beverages. I will be trying this. Thank you so much!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Looks like a nearly perfect post workout drink for me but I'd probably just use a whole scoop of whey to get my 30g in :P
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Looks like a nearly perfect post workout drink for me but I'd probably just use a whole scoop of whey to get my 30g in :P

Definitely! I just didn't have enough calories that day to up the protein.
  • sam456
    sam456 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    looks yum! thanks for sharing :)

-sam456
    http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    looks great...thanks!
  • stefnicole
    stefnicole Posts: 106