Ground trukey, lean - recipes needed!

Options
I have lean ground turkey and would like to make a nice dinner with it. I was thinking burgers...does anyone have recipes that will make these tasty and flavorful??

Any ideas are welcome!!

Replies

• tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I put italian seasoning on my turkey burgers BUT what I really love are turkey taco's on lettuce shells instead of taco shells! So yummy!
  • lkbst6
    lkbst6 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've used ground turkey in tacos and chili for years, and can hardly tell that it's not ground beef!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I saw on Hungry Girl to mix onion soup mix with your ground turkey to make great turkey burgers. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    But it sounds good.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I dice up red peppers, onions, cilantro and sometimes carrots and mix it all together to make my turkey patties, other times I just use some Mrs. Dash or a tiny bit of seasoned salt. I also mix the turkey with an egg and some bread crumbs and make meatballs I've also mixed it w/ lean ground beef for a meatloaf. My husband ate the meatloaf, never mentioned anything about it tasting different. :laugh:
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    It's not burgers, but skinnytaste.com has some great recipes using lean ground turkey. Today, I made the turkey and pumpkin chili and it is great! I also LOVE her Italian meatballs. She uses them in a few recipes, but I have only tried them in the Escarole Soup. YUM!
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
  • Veronica__S
    Options
    Burgers are great, I don't use beef anymore - we prefer turkey! I add onions , garlic, peppers, whatever you like really! Also, it makes a nice meatloaf! :smile: