A Simple 2-Week Challenge

Options
I have a very hard time not weighing myself every single day...yes, I admit it...sometimes more than once a day. This morning, the number was a pound higher than yesterday. Obviously, this was quite frustrating and self-defeating. I know that I have not actually gained a pound, but I found myself fixating on the number. I challenge us to weigh ourselves tomorrow and then not for another two weeks. Yes, TWO WHOLE WEEKS without using the scale. You don't have to report on what your weight is, just check-in once in a while for support and let's see how we feel when we do get on that scale again! I think I may need to hide my scale...:wink:

Replies

• Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    omg, I would have to break my scale :s I am a compulsive weigher too. Morning and night. Wish I could join you, but I can't do it lol Week, tops....but even that would be pushing it.
  • cawleen
    cawleen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Compulsive weigher here! I couldn't do it. I'm a morning and nighter, and that's just newly come with discipline. Lol, when I was in the hospital they actually hid the scale from me. Being persistent I did find it, but I couldn't use it daily or I would have been caught
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Lol, it is not going to be easy...I am going to do my best to stick it out. I know there is a group not weighing in for the entire month of March, but that is just too long!!!
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    let's do it! :)
    I always weigh myself every morning. sometimes it makes me really mad, like you said, because I'll be a pound more than I was the day before.... its so frustrating... it either makes my day crappy or not.
    but I recently came across some posts from friends that weighing yourself isn't the best way to track your weight loss...
    so I'm DOWN! let's do it! :):)
    I weighed myself this morning! & I measured myself around the neck, waist, & hips.
    I'm just going to start measuring myself instead of weighing myself!!!
    so good luck!
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    so two whole weeks starting tomorrow, right?
    so Monday, March 19, 2012 I can weigh myself again? haha
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    good idea
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Nope, not happening haha. I weigh myself a few times each week, not daily, but more than I should. I'm taking baby steps though! This is my first week only weighing once a week, and I'm begging for wednesday to get here so I can step on the scale!
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm also a compulsive weigher. I weigh myself every morning before eating and after the washroom. The periods when i don't weigh myself daily is when I gain the most weight :( When I reach my goal I'll stop though, and just focus on inches and how my clothes feel to make sure i don't balloon back up
  • Assiedown50
    Assiedown50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, Awesome Idea... I'm up for another challenge, I just start my 60 day challenge with Insanity...so what can a 2 week challenge do...Although after tomorrow morning I may have to have my Husband Hide the scale...LOL just so Im not tempted...Sweet I am soo Down... and ladies feel free to add me as a friend all motivators welcomed!!! GOOD LUCK!!! GO US !!!!!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I go at least a week between weigh ins. I've checked the scale three times back-to-back to make sure it's not me, it's the scale and within a 5 minute time span without eat or drinking anything that scale ranged within a 1.5 lbs. of it's readings. Don't stress the scale and just do periodic check ins to reassure yourself that you're on the right track.
  • Lovinglife12
    Options
    I'm a compulsive weigher also, ugh, I hate it..lol. I have no control. I'm going to try and only weigh in on Tuesdays starting now. Once I get more will power, I will try to do two weeks. I have to go through waiting 1 week first..lol
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and sometimes 2 or 3 times. I believe "if it is not broken don't try to fix it" so I will continue onward doing what has worked for me.

Best to you in your two week challenge.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I do the same!!!
    So if I weigh myself everyday, how did I gain so much weight?

Which I could NOT weigh myself for two weeks, but I don't think I can...
    I will weigh myself tomorrow and then TRY and wait a week!!
  • Reyni
    Reyni Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I so want to do this,, But I just started my Diet 2 weeks ago tomorrow and here just one week tomorrow. I also weight my self every single day some times up to 3 times a day. So I can't start right away. I will first move it to a few days then to every week. It does feels good to know that I am not the only woman with the problem, I have been thinking about moving my scale
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Im in!!! i usually only weigh once a month, but a few off days prompted me to check how much damage id done so i weighed today. Im not supoosed to until the 23 rd but two weeks is long enuff:))
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I will do it. I felt soooo discourage this am. I have the "last" 15 pounds to lose which is hard for me, as I have to push harder to lose it. I did so good for a week of watching calories and execise. This w/e I got a migraine, so started eating junk food which is my comfort food when I have one, and eating lots...Weighed this am and UP 3 pounds. I feel, all my hard work over the last 2 weeks since I began went down the drain. Tomorrow is a new day, and I really need a better way to get through my migraines than eating +++ junk (cookies, chips...) Tomorrow, I am starting fresh--I will weigh, I want to stay within my calorie intake, and aim to exercise 4 times a week. I WILL NOT weigh again until March 19th!!!! Good luck gals!
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Alright, I weighed myself this morning so that I would know where I stand. I have moved my scale and I vow not to get back on it until the 19th...I'll be posting often for support friends:). We CAN do this! I have a pair of jeans that
    I can get on, but they aren't wearable yet...I'll use them as a guide for the next two weeks, lol.