I Need A #(@$& Burrito!!!

Options
Not just any burrito. I want a Chipotle chicken burrito with black beans, brown rice, corn salsa, sour cream and cheese. Should I have one?

Don't mean to tempt anyone, but last year I had 2-3 of these a week. I can't take it anymore, I want out.

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Budget one into your daily calories, maintain a caloric deficit. Crisis averted.
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    I agree with daffodilsoup have 1
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Work your booty off at the gym and have one. :laugh:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Plan your food for tomorrow so you can have one.

Hell, eat half of one at lunch and wrap the other half for dinner. Then you can have it twice.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    You *kitten*, now I want one too.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Like She said... budget one into your day. But instead of eating the WHOLE thing, get one and cut it in half. Eat half and save the other half for lunch the next day! Turn this into a WIN-WIN situation!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Then eat it.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If not having burritos would be a huge sacrifice, then a program that doesn't include them is doomed to failure. You have to eat what you want. You just can't eat as much or as often.

One of those burritos is too much for one sitting once you're used to eating smaller portions. I'd find a friend and split one.
  • squared16
    squared16 Posts: 41
    Options
    Yes! Have one! Be mindful of your calories or have one on a spike day. Go to the gym beforehand or something. You can totally work it in. :drinker:

And now I totally want a burrito. Sigh. Too bad the closest Chipotle is 2 hours away otherwise that succulent creature would be in my belly.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I just went and figured - about 900 calories for your craving - like everyone is saying - if it fits your macros --- eat the damn thing
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I had a veggie burrito today from a taco shop. They used to be my go to meal. I hadn't had one since November. I didn't really enjoy it like I used to...
  • Kckgirl
    Kckgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have Chipotle a couple of times a week and am consistently losing. I suggest a burrito bowl instead (saves 290 calories). They will also make it with half rice, half cheese, etc. so you can save calories but still have the flavors you love. Good luck!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I just went and figured - about 900 calories for your craving - like everyone is saying - if it fits your macros --- eat the damn thing

THIS!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know, you're all right, just have a damn burrito. The way I like it is 1,000 calories or so. Eat half? Maybe my appetite has really shrunk but not long ago I could still be hungry after eating an entire one of those monsters. No, if I do this I'll plan on eating the whole thing.

So what's the problem? Add another workout and treat it like it's a normal dinner. Here' the thing. These burritos symbolize my prior dietary excess. I'm fearful eating one will be like going through an exit door. I simply don't want to go back to where I was. My personality tends to be all or nothing.

Is there anyone else who has a food that's a symbol of excess that ignites irrational fears in them? Have you over come it?

Thanks for your responses and I apologize to those I've given appetite.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Here is what I'd do. Cook up a BIG plate of fibrous veggies. This is probably 100cals or so. Get you Burrito, split it in half. Take home & eat your veggies FIRST. Then eat half you're burrito. It's only 600 cal meal, not hard to fit into macros at all. Have the rest the next day with more veggies.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You *kitten*, now I want one too.

Hahaha
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Here is what I'd do. Cook up a BIG plate of fibrous veggies. This is probably 100cals or so. Get you Burrito, split it in half. Take home & eat your veggies FIRST. Then eat half you're burrito. It's only 600 cal meal, not hard to fit into macros at all. Have the rest the next day with more veggies.

This is a great idea, not only because it shrinks the portion in a doable way, not only because I'd get to have it twice which could really subdue the craving, but because it would alter this ritual of mine in a way that won't leave me feeling deprived.

Thanks CD, this may be the answer I'm looking for.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Just have one. You don't even have to "budget" it or exercise a ton, just have one and enjoy it. One day of being over on calories won't hurt you. Indulging once in a while is actually healthy for your body and your mind. Don't restrict yourself so much, don't be too rigid in your daily diet. It's important to maintain healthy habits as you work toward your goal (and for the rest of your life) but that doesn't mean you can't have treats.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    maybe have half as a treat weekend like once every 2 months or so if it means the difference between staying positive or giving up.
    You can factor it into your weekly average. :smile:
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    No probs mate. Enjoy that Burrito :smile: